Mountain Project Logo

KEEN ON CLIMBING- looking for partner

Original Post
Emma K · · Davis, CA · Joined May 2016 · Points: 20

Hi all,
I'm back in Ca for the summer from NZ and am looking for someone out of the bay area to climb with in the Sierras. Keen on trad and crack, I'll suffer through the necessary sport pitch tho.
Can lead 10 a/b and follow 11 d. Love any grade of good crack. Will argue to share leads or rope gun everything.
Got 70 m rope, near double rack and shit loads of Nor Cal guides books cause I've been all over.
Doing lab work so can set my own hours and work days to a degree and take long weekends.

Hit me up
Emma

Malcolm F · · San Francisco, CA · Joined May 2016 · Points: 5

Hi Emma,

I just got back to the bay area for the summer as well, and would be keen to go climb! I can second probably up to low to mid 5.11, and have lead sport up to 5.11a. I have done a couple of trad leads but nothing hard, but I would love to start climbing cracks! I'm planning to possibly go to Yosemite memorial day weekend and then make my to bishop and then out to Utah from there for the week after. Then I start my summer internship June 6th and will be free to climb on weekends.

Cheers!
Malcolm

Sick. Let's see, schedule wise I'm free to start climbing every weekend starting June 8th till July 25th (and based in bay area during the week), and then just want to go do tuolumne and high sierras til mid August. Won't be able to get out to Utah this time tho...

Hi Pete, not around for Memorial Day but if you're looking for a partner after that hit me up!

Daniel Piedrahita · · Portland, OR · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 15

Hey! I'm new to the Bay Area looking to climb as much as I can this summer. I'm free to climb most weekends of the summer with some notice. I have a singles rack with me and am comfortable leading trad up to 5.9 or sport 5.11- and can follow up to 5.11+. I'm from the east coast so I'm newish to crack climbing but definitely down to throw myself at some cracks until I get better. If anyone is interested text me! 919-995-5525

If anyone is free to Climb this weekend My partner just cancelled in favor of Dylan. Looking to get out to the valley or tuolumne and hope to maybe catch a ride from bay. Got all my gear and rope. Cell is is 530 744 5592. Cheers

Hi Natalie I'll message you

Hoping to get out to Courtright Reservoir last weekend in June with one of my girl friends who's been trying to get into climbing for a while. Anyone interested in joining us?

mountainproject.com/v/court…

Would be cool to maybe meet a few people out there / carpool from bay area and give rides. Looking for chill folks, dirtbags encouraged, who are down to do some easier climbs with her, do some trad teaching, and or do some harder routes with me.

count me in, keep us updated on the plan

We're leaving tonight!

cool! where are you camping? I could be down but I'd have to leave tomorrow evening after work.

Jake Buck · · Mountain Ranch · Joined Oct 2010 · Points: 0

Hello Emma, I live in the Motherlode just above Yosemite and real close to Sonora Pass off Hwy 108. I have a triple rack from micro to a couple offwidth pieces. My skill is around 5.9 to 5.10 on the sharp end but will try to follow anything. Looking to get out as much as possible and I do write my own schedule so just let me know when you want to meet up and I can usually make it work. My goal this summer is to climb the nose by the fall so if your interested please hit me up. Hope to here from you soon, have a great summer!!!!

Hey Jake! Presently I'm car-less in the Bay Area so I need a ride out to the mountains, but will be getting a car hopefully in a few weeks. Down to climb tho, and I have the first three weeks in August completely free. So, keep me in mind and I'll hit you up when I'm eastwardly mobile :)

Jake Buck · · Mountain Ranch · Joined Oct 2010 · Points: 0

Sounds great, I'm planning a trip to Tuolumne in like 10 days and could use a partner. What does your schedule look like then? Would you be able to go climbing for a week? I could come and pick you up if you can commit that much time to a trip. If not I will just let you know next time I am getting out. Have a great rest of your day and my number is 3035055479 if you just want to call and work out the details.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northern California Partners
Post a Reply to "KEEN ON CLIMBING- looking for partner"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started