Mountain Project Logo

Youth mountaineering boots

Original Post
Justin Roy · · georgetown ohio · Joined May 2015 · Points: 25

I was wondering if anyone knows of someone who makes youth sized mountaineering boots? My daughter is on me to take her on a small mountain trip and I am having a difficult time finding smaller boots.

Chris Walden · · Soldotna, Alaska · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 630

You might try Salewa they make some great gear for kids. Junior Snowcap mountaineering boot might be the best you can find for a kid.

Also the Grivel G1 crampons can be easily modded to fit most smaller size boots. I have them fitting Youth Size 2-4's

Junior Snowcap

Chris Walden · · Soldotna, Alaska · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 630

Added bonus... I have been on the hunt for kids softshell pants forever and found these on Amazon. Company name is Makino (never heard of them before) but for $25 tried them out for both my kids and was really impressed. Breathable, solid stitching, good quality materials and water tested them in a bowl for 30 minutes with no saturation. Kids love them and they look pretty cool. FYI Zero affiliation with any of the brands just mentioned. Good luck.

Makino Softshell Pants

Justin Roy · · georgetown ohio · Joined May 2015 · Points: 25

Thanks for the info the boots look like a good option for what I'm wanting, I'll check out the pants as well.

Clint White aka Faulted Geologist · · Lawrence, KS · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 151

Lowa makes great kids boots. I got a pair for each of the boys and we have put some miles on them. No affiliation, but I do get a pro deal. Hand made in the EU. Happy trails!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "Youth mountaineering boots"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started