Mountain Project Logo

Looking for tRAD climbing partners

Original Post
Michael Butts · · Boulder, Co · Joined Nov 2010 · Points: 560

Hello y'all,

Life happens and due to injuries, new businesses and friends moving away I suddenly find myself a few climbing partners short this season. I'm looking for some folks to climb/train with. I have Tuesday's after 1pm to climb and for the next month or so Wednesday mornings until 3:30-4:00pm to climb. I have Friday s after 12:30 pm to climb(sometimes earlier) . I have all day Saturday and sometimes all day Sunday to climb.
I know the area really well since I have lived here for almost 6 years. I have been climbing for 14 years. I am currently climbing solid 10's and projecting 11A/B and I have a pretty solid ticklist for the summer. I'm interested but not limited to these climbs

RMNP
Sykes sickle
The Barb
Flying Buttress
Days of heaven
Pervertical sanctuary

LUMPY
Fantasy ridge
Fat city to cheap date
Femp

ELDO
Link ups link ups link ups
Vertigo
Arts spar
Center route
Rincon
Italian arête
Captain beyond
The naked edge
Super slab
Hair city
My goal is to climb 10x 5.10's in eldo in a day.

Also scenic cruise and comic relief in the black.

So if your psyche is high and you can climb/train regularly on anyone of these above mentioned dates and any of those climb look sweet to you hit me up. Either way have a tRAD summer and be safe. Also I may be late to the podcast game but if you haven't heard of it already check out the enormocast. Really good climbing podcast interviews with bad ass climbers.

Best,

Michael

Bill M · · Fort Collins, CO · Joined Jun 2010 · Points: 317

My advice is hike in, bivy and do both Sykes Sickle and The Barb in a single trip. It's a long hike in with gear.

Thanks Bill that's good advice. That was my plan last summer, just never made it happen.

Bump

Elliot Warner · · Claremont, CA · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 0

Hey Michael, I'm around most days after five, and all day on the weekends. I don't climb trad, but I can lead sport, could belay, clean your gear and maybe learn some trad on the way?

Excited to climb this summer as much as possible and get better.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado Partners
Post a Reply to "Looking for tRAD climbing partners "

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started