Mountain Project Logo

Looking for Partner near Pagosa Springs

Original Post
Chris Carter · · Chattanooga, TN · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 172

Hey guys, will be staying in Pagosa Springs for a while and am looking for a partner to hit up Piedra river or any other crag close by. Let me know if you're in the area, it'd be sweet to get out! I lead high 11's and trad 10's.

Chaz Holladay · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 0

Hey Scott, I am in the process of moving from Dallas to near the San Luis Valley (splitting my time between there and Colorado Springs at least), I am going to be in Del Norte this week and could climb Thursday, Friday, or Saturday (9th, 10th, 11th).

I do not have any experience trad climbing (taking a course the week I get back), I am comfortable leading and whatnot, but I will admit my experience leading outdoors is relatively limited (not a lot of opportunities in Dallas unfortunately). If your looking for a partner on those dates I am definitely down to climb anywhere in the San Luis Valley or near Pagosa.

Hey Chaz, thanks for letting me know, I would love to meet up! That would be awesome, and no worries about trad there's plenty of sport close by. Those dates would work well for me also, have you ever been to Piedra valley? I'll PM you

Right on! I actually have not climbed anywhere in the area, I have only been to Pagosa a hand full of times and it was always just to snowboard, down to climb where ever though.

Feel free to call/text if that easier

Take it easy,
-Chaz
(817)-694-1924

TStarr · · Pagosa Springs, CO · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 0

Hi Scott!

I live in Pagosa and try to hit Piedra a couple of times per week. Unfortunately, I am traveling a ton the next 2 weeks. Shoot me a message (970) 749-0807 and if your still around either we can get together or I can hook you up with some local climbers.

CHAZ: I'm going to be spending some time in Dallas; do you have any climbing gym recommendations? When I get back the 3 of us should hit Piedra or Penitente!

Cheers!

Todd

Hey Todd, Summit is the most popular gym in the DFW area (they have four locations in the metroplex and are all solid), Canyons in Frisco is also nice. All of these are good options but they are very much your generic gyms, my favorite place to climb without question is a place called "North Texas Outdoor Pursuit Center". It is actually an old grain mill they turned into a climbing facility, pretty unique, the silos are 110 feet tall (some routes with 140 feet of climbing). The routes are inside the silos, in-between them, and on the outside of the silos. It is a lot of fun but I am sure it is pretty warm inside of there this time of year.

Totally down to meet up though! I should be up there more and more frequently before I move.

Dude thanks for letting me know Todd! I'll be here until the end of June, so we should be able to get out! I would love to get connected with some other local climbers as well, I've been looking around and it's been hard to find many haha. Where is Penitente in relation to Pagosa or 160? Hope you're doing well, enjoy your time in Dalas!

Scott

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado Partners
Post a Reply to "Looking for Partner near Pagosa Springs"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started