Mountain Project Logo

Your favorite outdoor climbing pants?

highaltitudeflatulentexpulsion · · Colorado · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 35

I really like Carhart brands for a different reason. They are one of the few companies that make pants that actually fit me. I'm 28-29" at the waist and need 32" inseam. That takes Wrangler, Dickie, Costco, Walmart, Duluth, and most other durable pants off the table.

I can easily find Prana and stuff like that in my size but I don't like the style. I'd rather shop at an army surplus store than REI for clothes anyway.

I have single thickness duck for daily wear. Double knee for around the campfire and the winter. My "high end" pants are the polyester janitor style pants. Pretty light, double knee, and good range of motion.

The trouble with Carhart and most brands is the ass. They build great durable knees but the ass usually ends up patched in the first couple weeks. After a layer of ass patches, they last 1-3 seasons depending on use.

en.r · · Ojai, Ca · Joined Dec 2012 · Points: 55

Always wanted a pair of 511 tactical traverse.

511tactical.com/traverse-pa…

In the past I have been burned on buying expensive brands like the patagonia vega and kavu mason pants. I can no longer justify buying expensive pants that blow out in six months. -scrub bottoms and 2nd hand store blue jeans.

Nicholas Wright · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2016 · Points: 0
Jake C wrote:Cheap, ostentacious and colorful yoga pants from the womens section at any thrift store near you. Who said women should be the only ones to enjoy all that form fitting comfort?
I agree completely, women's clothes are the shit. Long, flowey skirts have been my go-to attire on all rafting trips.
Kiley Borrevik · · Redmond · Joined Sep 2009 · Points: 0

What everyone else said. Prana Stretch Zion.

that guy named seb · · Britland · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 236

Been doing some research, going to go for something simond has to offer, useless for 99% of people on this forum BUT the shits really good, not sure if i should go for the synthetic or cotton model though.

other · · San Diego, CA · Joined Apr 2006 · Points: 15

I just got mountain hardwear AP pants. Cotton, synthetic mix , slight stretch and no gusset crotch. The legs fit too tight so I’m going to exchange them .  What are people’s favorites mountain project all purpose pants for a 60 f and warmer temp?

Sam D · · CA · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 150
Mootain Hardware 
Will Bland · · Halifax, NS · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 490

Love the Boulder Denim jeans.

I basically wear them every day, always.

Elizabeth Knott · · Duluth, GA · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 0

In the summer, women's running shorts are perfect because they don't limit mobility at all.

Brian 1 · · Oceanside · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 0

Speedo and knee pads.

England · · Colorado Springs · Joined Aug 2008 · Points: 270

Lot of pant threads these days.

aikibujin · · Castle Rock, CO · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 300
Elizabeth Knott wrote: In the summer, women's running shorts are perfect because they don't limit mobility at all.
Totally agree. Nick Wright and the 41-year-old male who bumped this thread, go get some women's running shorts.
other · · San Diego, CA · Joined Apr 2006 · Points: 15
aikibujin wrote: Totally agree. Nick Wright and the 41-year-old male who bumped this thread, go get some women's running shorts.

I WISH I was 41!

Colonel Mustard · · Sacramento, CA · Joined Sep 2005 · Points: 1,241
other wrote:

I WISH I was 41!

It’s AWESOME!

Bapgar 1 · · Out of the Loop · Joined Oct 2007 · Points: 90
bruno-cx wrote: Yoga Pants.  

All hail Da Yoga Pantz!!!

alex the alex · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 0

I have been to the sharp rock down in EPC that has torn through my favorite Arc'teryx pants and also ripped a well worn pair of REI pants but I found this brand of Atali that hold up on the sharp rock of EPC and the cheese grader rock of JTree.  Big Fan ataliapparel.com/

Travis S · · Texas · Joined Jul 2018 · Points: 70

I use to always be on the prana band wagon but I recently got some stretchy Levi’s that are my favorite. They stretch for mobility, are a bit warmer than the zions and are more durable and protect me when I’m clumsily banging my knees all over the rock. 

Aubrey Miller · · eugene . OR · Joined Dec 2015 · Points: 483

Prana Zion are the best by far

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "Your favorite outdoor climbing pants?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started