Mountain Project Logo

Mt Rainier Climbing Partners

Original Post
Ivan Lopez · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 0

Hi Everyone,
My name is Ivan and I'm leaving in Pennsylvania, but I'm looking to join a team climbing this season (2016) and/or start getting one together for a 2017. I've previously summited in July of 2015 as part of a private, unguided team. Earlier that year, I've also successfully done a winter accent of Mt. Washington in February. I
This is my first attempt to find partners this way, but from the moment I got to the top of Rainier, I knew I would need to come back at the earliest opportunity.
During our stay at RMI, a fellow climber with 72 Rainier ascents, gave me the idea of spending the night at the summit crater and taking in the night sky. If possible, this is one of my goals on my next trip.

My availability is fairly flexible from July to August of this year, and can work with whatever time slots are available for the wilderness passes. Any helpful advice on finding easy going, experienced partners would also be greatly appreciated!

Ryan M Moore · · Philadelphia, PA · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 35

Are you thinking of going this year or next? I'm a little confused by your post.
As far as this year goes, there are walk in permits only, their record system got fried in a storm.

Ivan Lopez · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 0

Hi Ryan,
I'm looking to go this year and/or 2017. I would have more flexibility for a 2017 trip, but I'm definitely looking to see if I can join a group this year.

Washburn Washburn · · morgan hill ca · Joined May 2016 · Points: 0
Ivan Lopez wrote:Hi Ryan, I'm looking to go this year and/or 2017. I would have more flexibility for a 2017 trip, but I'm definitely looking to see if I can join a group this year.
Ivan.. I'm looking to hit Rainier if not this year next. This would be my 1st assent on Rainier. I bagged Kilo, Aconcagua an a number of 14ers. I live in Costa Rica and have a flexible schedule for climbing. I'm brining a group up Shasta next May and hoping to hit Denali either later 17 or 18. I can certainly with Rainier in-between Write me if interested washburncr@gmail.com or 408-478-5641
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Pacific Northwest Partners
Post a Reply to "Mt Rainier Climbing Partners "

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started