Mountain Project Logo

El Cap Poster

Original Post
Jason James · · Provo, UT · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 20

I remember a few years ago seeing a poster for sale from a photographer's/climber's website with a close up of routes on El Cap. They were like 4 feet tall but I can't remember where I saw them. Anyone know where I could get one?

emorekul · · SLC · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 10

Are you thinking of Mark Hudon's work?

http://www.hudonpanos.com/

emorekul wrote:Are you thinking of Mark Hudon's work? hudonpanos.com/
I don't think so from what I searched about him.

The posters I saw were like 1 foot wide and 4 feet tall. They were several pictures photoshopped together so you could see a whole route up El cap. Really detailed photo with a route line drawn in. You could practically see every belay station.
Firestone · · California · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 186

Mark Hudon is the man I was thinking of when you said this as well.

Dougald MacDonald · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2002 · Points: 842
emorekul · · SLC · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 10
The posters I saw were like 1 foot wide and 4 feet tall. They were several pictures photoshopped together so you could see a whole route up El cap. Really detailed photo with a route line drawn in. You could practically see every belay station.

12"x 33"

Are you sure you are not thinking of Mark?
Kevin DeWeese · · @failfalling - Oakland, Ca · Joined Jan 2007 · Points: 981
Jason James wrote: I don't think so from what I searched about him. The posters I saw were like 1 foot wide and 4 feet tall. They were several pictures photoshopped together so you could see a whole route up El cap. Really detailed photo with a route line drawn in. You could practically see every belay station.
Did you even click the link? No one else is doing retail posters of routes in the dimensions you list but Hudon

Pellucid wombat does these sort of things as well but doesn't sell them

hey thanks for the replies.

I'm going off the memory of a few years ago and the more I look at it it was Mark Hudon's work. I was specifically looking for The Nose but apparently he doesn't sell it anymore :(

Billy Toth · · Michigan · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 5

The american alpine club produces a really cool dawn wall poster with a topo (however it is a rendering of el cap no photos)

Kevin DeWeese · · @failfalling - Oakland, Ca · Joined Jan 2007 · Points: 981

Sloan produced a nose poster that was about 1'x2' that he was including with the bigwall book.

Also zodiac and maybe another. Hit him up as he might have a few left.

Looks like he does on his website
store.yosemitebigwall.com/p…

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Big Wall and Aid Climbing
Post a Reply to "El Cap Poster"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started