Mountain Project Logo

Gunks climbing partner this Spring/Summer (mostly weekends)

Original Post
Keyan P · · Portland, ME · Joined Nov 2010 · Points: 80

Hey all, trying to find some regular/semi-regular partners to climb at the Gunks. I'm coming up from NYC so ideally someone with a car that lives in NYC or someone willing to pick me up from the bus station in New Paltz.

I've been climbing for nearly 7 years and am a safe and confident leader/follower. Generally lead up to 5.10a trad but I'm new to the Gunks so I'm still trying to get used to the style. I have a 70m rope and double rack (with a single #4).

Primarily looking for weekend partners, but if it's a really nice weekday and the weekend looks bad, I'm down to climb during the week as well. Get in touch!

Rosalieva · · southshore MA · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 5

Weekdays are best for me!!solid dependable and always down for exhausting climbing days

Thomas85 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 0

Hey,
I will be in NY during June and was looking for a partner as well. Climbing in CO and Utah. Looking forward to climbing the Gunks as well as some backpacking. Hit me up (718) 536 8855

Thomas

Mike Barr 1 · · New York, NY · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 10

Hey Keyan,

I live in Westchester, and am definitely looking to climb in the Gunks this summer. I'm new to trad, so if you're willing to show me the ropes (pardon the pun), I'm game. I CAN belay a leader. Most weekends work for me. I'm free most weekends come June.

Let me know!
Mike

914-304-7022

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

North Eastern States Partners
Post a Reply to "Gunks climbing partner this Spring/Summer (most…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started