Mountain Project Logo

Undiscovered Bouldering Area. "Dogberry Park"

Original Post
Morgan S · · Richfield, UT · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 101

I have been climbing for only a few weeks now and live in a rural area with no gym, so I've just been exploring and climbing whatever I can find. I happened to stumbled upon a really awesome place while exploring that shows no signs of having been climbed. It is about a five minute drive from Richfield Utah and then about a five minute hike. The rock is very comparable to what you'd find at Moe's Valley, except always about 15-20 degrees cooler. If you are in Utah or ever driving on I70 let me know and I'll show you how to get there. I'd love to have some climbers with more experience come give it a look!

Boulder Park

Satchel Friedman · · Berkeley, ca · Joined May 2015 · Points: 0

Looks awesome, enjoy!

Danny Herrera · · Sebastopol · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 567

hell yea bro!

Walter Galli · · Las vegas · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 2,247

Man that is cool, just for you , I know how you feeling, I've got the same problem all those rocks and boulders just for me,,, isn't it cool?

Walter Galli wrote:Man that is cool, just for you , I know how you feeling, I've got the same problem all those rocks and boulders just for me,,, isn't it cool?
It's a blast finding new uncharted boulders but I'd love to have more people come check them out and climb the stuff that I still can't dream of being able to climb

Man, put your stuff up in MP and they will come, just keep posting awesome pics and you will have company,, soon,,,

Boulderutah wrote:
About this pic, make sure man there no loose stones may use something to tap on before you hang on them,new places have to be checked properly..
Tavis Ricksecker · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2006 · Points: 4,246
Boulderutah wrote:
Be careful out there.
Walter Galli wrote: About this pic, make sure man there no loose stones may use something to tap on before you hang on them,new places have to be checked properly..
Ya that last pic was a little sketchy on the first ascent. My legs had the jitters like crazy. There's gotta be an "official" climbing term for when your legs start shaking cause you're freaked out about height or whatever.
J Sundstrom · · San Diego, CA · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 188
Boulderutah wrote: Ya that last pic was a little sketchy on the first ascent. My legs had the jitters like crazy. There's gotta be an "official" climbing term for when your legs start shaking cause you're freaked out about height or whatever.

Elvis Leg. I've also heard it called Sewing Machine Leg.
J Sundstrom wrote: Elvis Leg. I've also heard it called Sewing Machine Leg.
Haha that's awesome, I like that
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Bouldering
Post a Reply to "Undiscovered Bouldering Area. "Dogberry Park""

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started