Mountain Project Logo

Estes Park Camping

Original Post
ChaseSmallwood · · Paris, TX · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 30

I have narrowed down estes park for our vacation in June. We will be in Fort Collins, and that seems like a great place to start. I have a guide book in the mail, but would like some good info. It will be my wife, our 6 year old, and myself. I would like to hike somewhere that had a nice spot to camp a few nights, and access to easy sport routes near by (5.6-5.9). I'm not sure if this is even possible, but I figured I would ask the great people of MP.

Travis Provin · · Boulder CO · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 105

I have no info on camping but I have heard the Jurassic Park crag by Lilly Lake has lots of sport climbing in the grade range you listed

Nicholas Aretz · · Lakewood, Colorado · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 55

There are some camp grounds for about $20 a night in Estes Park or you can go inside RMNP and camp. The sites get reserved fast so you might not be able to get one.

There is a ton of camping between Estes and Nederland. Some of it is pay and some National Forest with no services. If you want to hike and camp you can get back country permits for RMNP or the Indian Wilderness Range is just south with a ton of Backpacking.

I am not much of a sport climber so I'm not sure about the climbing. I hope this helps and you should reserve a site tonight if you want services.

Phil Lauffen · · Innsbruck, AT · Joined Jun 2008 · Points: 3,098
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado
Post a Reply to "Estes Park Camping"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.