Mountain Project Logo

Best "Brick and Mortar" Store?

Original Post
Ty Harlacker · · Albuquerque, NM · Joined Mar 2008 · Points: 231

Hello,
I've been on the hunt for some TC Pro's for about 3 years now. I've been told that they run a little small, so I'd like to try on a few sized before I drop the $180.00. I've checked the usual places like Zappos and REI, but it's an esoteric thing, nobody carries it. And certainly not in the size I suspect I need (45.5). I've tried Gearheads in Moab but they didn't have them. If you have any leads on an online store with a generous return policy or a store in UT or CO please let me know.
Thanks,

Ed Schaefer · · Centennial, CO · Joined May 2014 · Points: 35

I'm pretty sure Bent Gate Mountaineering in Golden carries them, but I can't recall with 100% certainty (they are listed on their website, so that's a good sign).

Neptune Mountaineering in Boulder would be another store I would check.

There's always a chance that Gearonimo Sports in Colorado Springs has them as well.

amarius · · Nowhere, OK · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 20

I had a similar problem, Backcountry had very good return policy. I just checked, they have TC Pro's in 45.5
Just be sure to check if their policy is still the same

mountaingear has "no hassle returns", carries 45.5

You guys rock! Thanks for the help.

CornCob · · Sandy, UT · Joined Nov 2012 · Points: 20

Maybe Wilderness Exchange in Denver.

Brian Zhang · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 0

The easiest would be to call around. Neptune Mountaineering in Boulder has a pretty good selection, but I do recall going there in January and they didn't have TC pros in 45, coincidentally. Just make sure to give them a call and to put it on hold for you before you drive out there.

Steven Groetken · · Durango, CO · Joined Sep 2012 · Points: 390

123mountain is pretty good I hear... Just kidding. I bought mine at backcountry experience in Durango, which I assume would be much closer to 'burque than Denver. Their website shows that they have several sizes in stock as well including 45.5. Great customer service.

Muscrat · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2011 · Points: 3,625

Try these guys...actually this couple, Larry and Ruth run Mountain tools.
mtntools.com/
You send an outline of your foot, they will size your shoe correctly. Done it numerous times with Larry, it really works. Return policy is good too, and he is on good terms with the LS distributor, he got me a pair of 46 Katana lace when no one else could.
Talk to them on the phone, they are personable and nice. And no, i do not rep them.

Jim T · · Colorado · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 469

REI in downtown Denver started carrying them.

matt c. · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 155

You could order a few sizes from REI and have them shipped to the store. Then you get to try them out at the store and immediately return the ones that don't fit.

Long Ranger · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 669

Neptune has them as of 2 weeks ago. No sure about sizes, but they usually stock one pair of each size.

Rick Blair · · Denver · Joined Oct 2007 · Points: 266

Hah!!! Nice job Locker! I was waiting for it.

Ask for "Peggy."

Muscrat wrote:Try these guys...actually this couple, Larry and Ruth run Mountain tools. mtntools.com/
Yeah Larry is one solid dude, thanks for the tip.

Good call on Backcountry experience, definitely the closest.
shaggyone · · Millcreek, Utah · Joined Dec 2015 · Points: 15

If your going to be in the Salt Lake Area, definitely stop by IME. They typically have them in stock and the staff is experienced and excellent.

3265 3300 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84109
Phone:(801) 484-8073

kevin graves · · Mammoth Lakes, CA · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 5

another thumbs up for Larry at Mtntools.com. Knowledgeable, helpful and fantastic service !

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "Best "Brick and Mortar" Store?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started