Mountain Project Logo

East peak, lightning strike

Original Post
chrisclimberUK moyle · · norwalk · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 0

Hi,

Can anyone give me any information on access and top rope anchor set up for East peak's route:- lightning strike.

Much appreciated
Chris

Topo Gigio · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 1

set your anchor between the block and the (climbers) right side of the lower ledge below the summit. directional can be used in the crack that meanders right from the second roof. The second roof crack on the face also makes for a fun and exciting variation to Thors. Its gonna take you a few tries to dial it in.

chrisclimberUK moyle · · norwalk · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 0

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. Did you walk in from the car park, or is there a visible trail from the reservoir?
C

Topo Gigio · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 1

I know that place all too well, so for me I have a few approaches I use. Right now, the driving gate should be open, so you can drive to the top (just be out by 445). Otherwise, you can hike from the bottom. If its your first time there, I would suggest hiking to the top of the cliffline as opposed to traversing the bottom. The bottom traverse can be a bit hairy. An approach directly from the reservoir to the base isn’t advised as there is no trail, and its spring, so you want to let the vegetation grow. From the top of the cliff, just take the blue trail across the cliff line until you get to the final clearing (~0.75 -1 miles). You will see a ledge with a large block on it about 3feet below the clearing ledge. That’s the mark for the Merrimere wall

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northeastern States
Post a Reply to "East peak, lightning strike"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started