Mountain Project Logo

Looking for a teacher/professor/unemployed partner for the summer!

Original Post
Cara Hubbell · · Arvada, CO · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 107

I work as a high school math teacher which means I have a significant amount of time free from June to August. I left my old partner (a professor) behind in Ohio to move to Colorado, but all my climbing team here in Denver are employed like suckers year round :P

I'd really like to do some climbing adventuring all over CO, and maybe (hopefully) WY and UT. I only climb sport, and I lead 5.10a/b and follow 5.11a, but I'm super happy climbing 5.7-5.9. I'm safe, easy-going, and have some pretty decent sport climbing skills (cleaning, rapping, multi-pitch, and some self-rescue too).

If you want to climb weekday mornings around the front range and/or go on some overnight climbing road trips (preferably during the week for the purpose of avoiding crowds), hit me up!

KJG11 · · Denver, CO · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 0

Hooray! I'm a high school math teacher too and was starting to look for summer partners. Have June - August off and would love to explore.

I'll PM you but anyone else feel free to reach out as well if you have your summer free to climb.

Tim Stich · · Colorado Springs, Colorado · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 1,520

Cara, I climb with a handful of retired guys down here in CO Springs. In fact, some of them are route developers. Shoot me a message and I can introduce you.

tbol · · CO · Joined Mar 2008 · Points: 1,177

I have all summer off! I will probably be in Yosemite and Squamish in June and July, but most likely looking for CO. partners in May!

Kirk Miller · · Catalina, AZ and Ilwaco, WA · Joined May 2003 · Points: 1,824

Hey Cara, Anytime you need a partner, get in touch for sure. Want to go to Dude's Throne?
Had a great day out with you last time at Table; it's always fun to climb another lap on Ugly Stick.
Cheers!

Matthias Holladay · · On the Road...Looking for a… · Joined Jul 2007 · Points: 7,494

Three reasons of many to be a teacher: June, July, & 1/2 of August!

Durango has it all... sport, trad., aid, bouldering... and lots of climbers to connect with too.

Simon W · · Nowhere Land · Joined May 2013 · Points: 55

PM me if you're in need of partners if/when you get to SLC area. Still looking for people to climb with out here and can use some more contacts in CO!

Nicholas Aretz · · Lakewood, Colorado · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 55

Math Rules! June is almost here. I will be climbing twice a week in Eldo, South Plate, or Lumpy all summer long!

I climb with another math teacher from my school but I am always looking to find more partners.

Hiro Protagonist · · Colorado · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 290

Hi Cara -I'm about to quit my job and look for adventure. I don't have a regular partner with availability. I'll drop you a PM.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado
Post a Reply to "Looking for a teacher/professor/unemployed part…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started