Mountain Project Logo

Japan on May

Original Post
Silvia Raúl · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 0

Konnichiwa guys!

We're going to Japan on May, and We want to climb!

We've checked a lot of information, but it would be awesome a local opinion. We're staying in Kanazawa until May 21th morning, and then We'll move for two days (Saturday 21th and Sunday 22th) to a climbing area, and on 22th We'll move to Tokyo.

We've a few questions:

- Ogawayama, Mizugaki or Mitake, What's the best at this season (end of May)? We prefer practice bouldering, but We've all the sport climbing gear. And of course, any different area is welcome.

- What's the best area if you don't have car?

- Any suggestion to sleep on a budget?

- We need to rent crash pad, We've read that in Maunga shop (Tokyo) are available, but We need to rent on the area, Do you know a place to rent it?

And for sure, if anybody are free for this dates and want to share climbing days, it would be nice. We've joined us to the group of Tokyo Bouldering and Rock Climbing in meetup.com.

Thanks in advance!

See you!

Silvia & Raúl

Simon W · · Nowhere Land · Joined May 2013 · Points: 55

As far as sleeping cheap is concerned, youth hostels are your best friend. Japan has some really good ones and they were about 30 a night back in '05 ish. Business hotels are also cheap. Capsule hotels are an experience but I can't say I recommend them! Anything cheap other than youth hostels in the country are going to be small so be prepared.

Sleeping in an Internet cafe (they have private booths) is option z but about as comfortable as a capsule hotel with a computer and slightly more privacy.

Yayoiken and yoshiniya are good places to get cheap food! Also convenience store rice balls and bentos aren't half bad. Hokahokatei makes great bentos but most places they are unlikely to speak English.

Can't be much help on the climbing, I did do any when I lived there.

Silvia Raúl · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 0

Thank you for your advice Simon!

We´re interested in information about climbing, anyway, thanks for the tips.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

International
Post a Reply to "Japan on May"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started