Mountain Project Logo

climbing on Imp Face?

Original Post
Steve Marshall · · Concord NH · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 45

I can't seem to find any info on any climbing on Imp Face in the mount washington valley. It looks like it could be good (from far away) but I have a hard time believing nobody's climbed it before.

what's the deal? is it a choss pile or so far less than vertical it's not worth the trouble?

Luc-514 · · Montreal, QC · Joined Nov 2006 · Points: 12,536

Is it in the Secrets of the Notch?
The guidebook by John Sykes.

Steve Marshall · · Concord NH · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 45

not sure as I have not been able to get my hands on a copy recently. i could ask my buddy to look at his when i get a chance

i didnt think to look there since it seems to cover the western half of the whites and not the stuff in MWV as far as I'm aware

Luc-514 · · Montreal, QC · Joined Nov 2006 · Points: 12,536

You can ask John Sykes yourself on Facebook, he's probably very happy to answer questions about the area, even if it's not in the Secrets of the notch or his upcoming guidebook.

Alan Rubin · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 10

It is not in Secrets of the Notch, nor has it been included in any of the North Conway or other White Mountain guidebooks, though I am sure that it has been climbed. I have certainly been tempted to head up there over the years, but laziness always won out. I'll bet that Mike Hartrich has climbed up there, others, too, I'm sure.

Nick Goldsmith · · Pomfret VT · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 440

Alan Chatabriga has climbed everything over there.. mostly solo :)

NC climber · · North Conway NH · Joined Jan 2011 · Points: 5

Sykes has climbed out there years ago. Another friend of mine from the valley have also climbed out there more recently. They both report very poor rock quality!!! A very long hike to some alpine choss...

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northeastern States
Post a Reply to "climbing on Imp Face?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started