Mountain Project Logo

New to Hood area looking for a climbing partner

Original Post
Brittney Cardarella · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 5

Hey there! Name's Brittney, but lots of people call me Squid. I'm new to the Hood area and living in Welches.

As Spring is now arriving and beautiful days are just around the corner, I'm looking for someone to climb and/or adventure with! I am newish to outdoor climbing but spent the whole summer and fall climbing in the Black Hills of South Dakota and I'm comfortable with 5.7 up through some 5.9's.

I don't own any rope, cams, or draws; but I have everything else. I can offer great conversation, my adventurous spirit, sarcasm, and positive attitude. I have weekdays before 4pm free, plus Thursday and Fridays, so if you're available let's go climbing!

Also, if you are wanting to go snowboarding, hiking, or adventuring I'm down! Just message me!

Happy trails!
Brittney

ramaryanarnet Mulnick · · portland,or · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 25

Headed to Smith this coming week on either Tues or Wed, will be there thru Thurs if you want to come climb during that time?..
R

I could likely join on Wednesday for the day!

ramaryanarnet Mulnick · · portland,or · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 25

Heres my number 2083153663. That would be rad

SBrown · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 0

You have some nice climbing areas around you - once it starts drying out a bit French's Dome off Lolo Pass Rd has a bunch of routes of all types and skill levels. Kiwanis Camp Rd has a simple wall with a few good routes near your skill range. Salmon River Slab is also close but seems to be always full whenever I go there.

Anyway... I live in Sandy, so not far from you - would be fun to climb some of local routes with you sometime. Also if you ever want to hit any of the climbing gyms in Portland without driving all the way, we could carpool.

Not sure how long you've been in Welches but you have some fantastic food nearby! El Burro Loco is super awesome, Wraptitude has good breakfast wraps that stick with you all day (and good lunch wraps too), and then the Skyway up in Zig Zag is the nightlife on the mountain. Fantastic food, drinks, live music on the weekends - I drive there most weekends since Sandy has nothing good....

Hey Sbrown let's definitely get together to climb if you just live in Sandy! I haven't been here very long, almost a month now but the days are now longer and I'm getting antsy! Hit me up anybody in this thread if you want to go climb! 616-240-9889

Jason Karp · · Bend, OR · Joined May 2014 · Points: 35

Hey there. I'm just moving down to pdx from sea and want to get to it! Climbed a bunch in the Cascades and some quality stuff in BC. LETS GO!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Pacific Northwest Partners
Post a Reply to "New to Hood area looking for a climbing partner"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started