Mountain Project Logo

Homemade Custom Chalkbags?

Original Post
20 kN · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2009 · Points: 1,346

Has anyone ever tried making their own chalkbag? I couldent make a chalkbag if my life depended on it, but a friend made me a pretty cool one.

climbnowworklater · · Colorado Springs · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 10
Greg E wrote: I used a 1000d urethane coated Cordura and haven't had any trouble with chalk bleeding through.
Dang Greg, those look great. I like the simplistic look. Any chance you sell them or give directions on how to make?
Timothy L · · New York · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 110

My chalk bag is an old pant leg sewed at the bottom and a shoe lace as a draw string.
Ive been using it for 5 years and have made a couple others, haven't had any problems with leaking chalk. Best part of it is I didn't have to buy anything new or fancy to make it happen. FREE!

Josh Kornish · · Whitefish, MT · Joined Sep 2009 · Points: 800

Here was my first go at sewing a few years back. haha

Chalkbog

Josh Kornish · · Whitefish, MT · Joined Sep 2009 · Points: 800
climbnowworklater wrote: Dang Greg, those look great. I like the simplistic look. Any chance you sell them or give directions on how to make?
I'm going to throw together a video in the next couple weeks here that can walk you through the build with pattern dimensions. I'll post up on here when I get around to it.

You really don't need to use a ziplock or anything of the sort unless you're using a porous, uncoated fabric. Any decent nylon 70d-1680d would be just fine.
Travis Provin · · Boulder CO · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 105

"When in doubt run it out", thats awesome!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "Homemade Custom Chalkbags?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started