Mountain Project Logo

Reimers ranch

Original Post
jacobleowook · · Las Vegas · Joined Oct 2010 · Points: 110

Going to be in Austin first week of April. How are the climbing conditions for that time? Is it easy to find belay partners at the crag? I

txclimber · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2013 · Points: 10

Climbing conditions should be great then, unless it rains. It's not the easiest place to find partners on the fly, but you could probably manage.

I could probably sneak away from work a couple of days if you'd prefer to have something set up. I'm always itching to go climb. PM me your contact info and travel plans.

Ted Pinson · · Chicago, IL · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 252

There's a regular Meetup group that goes there a few times a week...I think it's Tues/Thurs. Check out the Texas Rock Climbing Meetup. Should be a good time to climb...I've climbed there in the winter (ideal) and summer (mangy, slick, but doable if you stick to the shade and/or get there early). April would be a nice time.

MaryHannaBanana · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 0

Keep us posted on what days you are going! I'm in DFW, but I'm always looking for a reason to head to Austin!

adam webster · · El Paso TX · Joined Nov 2011 · Points: 0

Im pretty new to the area, but I've been meaning to check it out. Give me a shout.

M Clark · · San Antonio, TX · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 45

You also may want to try the Austin Climbing Group if you're on facebook.

Laura D. · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 0

I don't know if you've already gone, but I was just there today and conditions were awesome.

M Clark · · San Antonio, TX · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 45
Laura D. wrote:I don't know if you've already gone, but I was just there today and conditions were awesome.
Agreed, I was out there Saturday and it was awesome
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Midwest
Post a Reply to "Reimers ranch"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started