Mountain Project Logo

Sizing For Solutions to TC Pro's

Original Post
Zach Veach · · Zionsville, IN · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 125

Hey everyone. I was looking to get a pair of shoes better suited for slab climbing. My solutions tend to be a little too uncomfortable. I wear 38's and I can only be in them for 20 minutes or so but I feel they're just right. I'd like to get some TC Pro's. Has anyone made the switch? If so, what was the sizing difference you went with?

Thank you

John Ryan · · Poncha Springs, CO · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 170

Hi Zach. I have both the Solution and TC pro. My Solutions are 41.5 and are tight but I can wear for hours. I have Testarossas in 41 that are 1 pitch shoes like your Solutions. My TCs are 42 and are comfortable for all day and beyond. I can also wear socks or not with my TCs and am happy with the fit.

Ted Pinson · · Chicago, IL · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 252

Depends on the slab, Mike. Desert sandstone or granite friction slab? Definitely get a soft shoe, 5.10 Moccasyms or Sportiva Mythos would be great. Edgy, featured slab like in the Red River Gorge? TC Pros, Katana Lace, or even Miuras would be ideal. Either would be torture in aggressively sized, down turned shoes.

Zach Veach · · Zionsville, IN · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 125

John, Mike, and Ted, thank you guys for your advice! I really appreciate it, I just returned from Joshua Tree and my solutions made a lot of the routes pretty painful. I was looking for a shoe that would be good for multi pitch granite, I'll take a look at the Mythos as well!

Crispy. · · Chicago · Joined May 2014 · Points: 70

Hey, thought I'd throw my 2 cents in. I have size 42 TCs and Solutions. The Solutions are perfect, meaning they are tight and I need to strip them off immediately after a climb. The TCs are awesome as well. They are extremely snug, my toes are flat, but they are not all-day, comfy shoes and I definitely cannot wear socks with them. I'd agree with mike and say a half size up would probably do the trick. Good luck.

Chris

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "Sizing For Solutions to TC Pro's"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started