Mountain Project Logo

Don't buy from 123Mountain.com

Original Post
Scott360 · · Las Vegas · Joined Apr 2013 · Points: 520

Don't buy from 123Mountain.com. They're screwing me over, and are perfectly arrogant about it. Here's the skinny: I ordered one of Wild Country's nut tools from them, the one with the leash, and they shipped me one without a leash. No big deal, right? Just contact them and they'll make it right. Wrong. Called the customer support phone number listed on their website--a few times a day over a five-day period. No answer, and you can't leave a message. Okay, I'll use the "live chat" feature on their website. Nope. No one there the first five days I tried. (Tried several times a day, incidentally.) About the second or third day into this, I sent them an email. Had to send a couple, over a few days, to finally get them to respond. Mind you, all I asked was that they either send me the leash (the tool with the leash is more expensive than the one without) or a return label so I could get a refund. Finally got an email telling me to go to their website, complete the form required, send this back to them with a photo of the item I received and a photo of the sku number. I asked why I couldn't talk to someone. I was told this was possible, but I'd have to pay $50 for a 20-minute session. I'm serious about this. Saved the email. (Yes, they actually put this in writing.) Somewhat incredulous, I emailed back asking if they were serious. Yup, they were. Unbelievable. Their idea of resolution is that I ship the item back, at my expense, and they will then make a determination if my claim is legitimate. Seriously? Yeah, that's what I'm going to do. No. I filed a complaint with the Colorado Consumer Protection Agency, and will likely file a small claim against them here in Nevada. As I wasn’t born yesterday, I’m not hopping on one leg thinking I’m going to get much, if any, traction. I mean, who wants to hunt these guys down for screwing someone over a $25 purchase? So why am I going to this trouble? Because they’re perfectly smug about screwing me over. (Since then, I checked Yelp. Yup, you guessed it--one star from more than 60 reviews. Wish I'd checked this before purchasing from them.) I’ve shown them the original order, which states the item has a leash, and also has a picture of the nut tool with the leash. A five year old could resolve this. Sorry, but I'm not taking it lying down. Plus, if they're doing this to me, undoubtedly they're doing it to others. That's not the kind of planet I want to live on. SO, caveat emptor on this one--check your six before buying from this outfit. BTW, if anyone else has been screwed over by them, let me know and maybe you can join my suit against them. "Chickens is comin' home to roost!"

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 276

What a nightmare! Thanks for the heads up, Scott, and hope you get satisfaction.

Don't see how they can stay in business for long.

Edit: I'll talk to you live for only $20. (sorry, I couldn't help it)

Scott,

I couldn't find them on Yelp. Can you post a link to the Yelp page? Thanks.

lozo bozo · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 30
yelp.com/biz/123-mountain-l…

Edit: just read the reviews... wow thats bad.
Mike McL · · South Lake Tahoe · Joined Dec 2007 · Points: 2,030

I couldn't agree more. I had an awful interaction with them as well a couple of years back. I placed an order for a fairly hard to find big ticket item (skis) that they advertised as 'in stock.' I wasted my money on their stupid f'in membership to get a discount on the item. It seemed like a sweet deal on paper. Well approximately 1.5 months later with nothing to show for it (I had contacted them along the way to ask what was up and never got a satisfactory response) I asked for a refund. It took many, many calls to get them to cancel the order. They never did refund the membership. And to boot all of the interactions were generally unpleasant. Worst experience I've had with an online retailer by a longshot.

I can't believe they manage to stay in business.

If you do a quick google search you'll read many similar negative accounts. They get an F rating from the BBB:
bbb.org/wyoming-and-norther…

I should have done my research beforehand. Lesson learned.

I am not normally the type to bash a retailer/company online in an anonymous fashion, but these guys absolutely deserve the negative publicity IMO.

M Mobley · · Bar Harbor, ME · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 911

So checking online reviews ahead of time does work!

BTW, Yelp sucks serious stinky balls coated in shit. If you look a little farther down on the reviews for any business you'll see that they HIDE almost all of the really bad reviews. This business actually has over 200 reviews total, 154 of them give zero stars and everyone has the same complaint.

BrendanN · · New London, CT · Joined Dec 2015 · Points: 164

That is pretty awful. It's too bad their website looks legit and if you didn't google them you'd have no idea. Although the wording on their hiring page is a bit funny... link

T340 · · Idaho · Joined Oct 2011 · Points: 5

Thanks for the info. Sounds like a place to avoid at all costs!

fruitloop wrote:http://www.yelp.com/biz/123-mountain-lakewood Edit: just read the reviews... wow thats bad.
Thanks for the link. Their website says they're in Frisco, CO and I couldn't find it on Yelp using that location. Yelp shows Lakewood, CO. Wow, those are some terrible reviews!

Edit: After reading numerous reviews, I'm surprised the state or county's District Attorney's office hasn't charged this company with a criminal complaint. These people should be jailed.
Muscrat · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2011 · Points: 3,625

Not sure how you paid....but most CC companies will refund you the $$ and go after the seller if you state you case to them. ?

matt c. · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 155

Hey,
There are a few forums about this place on MP. I could only find the one, but remember looking at the ratings before contemplating a purchase.
I have not idea how that place is still in business. You didn't pay with bitcoin, did you?

another forum

Peter W · · Salt Lake City · Joined Feb 2011 · Points: 5

I also ordered from 123mountain with no success. I did not have as bad an experience as the original poster. I'd ordered some socks, on Nov 23. After 2 weeks of not getting a message with a tracking number I asked about the order via the Live Chat (which I had no issue getting to someone). They informed me the order would be shipped between Dec 18-30. When Dec 30 came and went I emailed them and cancelled my order and got confirmation of it.

Don't use this retailer.

Jeremy B. · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2013 · Points: 0

Ah, I thought I recognized the name. There's a thread on BPL with similar tales and a particularly entertaining email exchange:

backpackinglight.com/forums…

Derek Jf · · Northeast · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 335
Terms & Conditions written by a bitter, cold soul...
#7, 9, 12 and 14 have me questioning how this company's creators even got into the idea of operating a business. Just stealing everyones lunch money and shoving faces into mud puddles all over the play ground.. I feel like they just slapped the ice cream out of my hand and I didnt even buy any yet
Michael Layton · · Sonora, CA · Joined Sep 2012 · Points: 5

They sell a brand called Moose Knuckles!! HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

123mountain.com/brands/moos…

PaulMudd · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 5

They are terrible!! I had a bad experience with them as well. I bought a pair of mountain hardwear pants from them, and they didn't fit. I knew I couldn't return them because they were on sale and I knew that going in, but I asked if they could just exchange them for the right size that they had in stock, at my expense for the shipping and they wouldn't do it. The french A-hole on the other end of the line was a real jerk about it as well. It truly amazes me that they can continue to do business!! consequently if anyone needs a pair of 32 X 32 Mountain Hardwear Piero pants let me know. : )

Josh Higgins · · San Diego, CA · Joined Oct 2009 · Points: 61

What you should do is call your credit card company and tell them that it is a fraudulent charge and reverse the payment. Next, send the company an e-mail telling them that you did this and let them know if they want your money they need to send you what you paid for. Document everything. Make them pay for your shipping if you have to ship the nuttool you received back.

Josh

badabing · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 0

Did a little digging on the company. Here ya go:

Trade Name: 123Mountain
Registrant Name: International Rocky Trade, Inc.
Principal Office Street Address: 243 Ten Mile Circle, Copper Mountain, CO 80443, United States
Principal Office Mailing Address: PO Box 3735, Copper Mountain, CO 80443, CALIFORNIA, United States
Registered Agent: Anna Sofia Goumas

There is a 123Mountain @ Lakewood LLC with a street address of 13701 W. Jewell Avenue, Lakewood, CO 20028, United States

The 'registered agent' is Oliver G Goumas.

There is also a 123Mountain @ Frisco LLC with a street address of 156 4th Avenue, Frisco, CO 80443, United States and a mailing address of c/o IRT, po box 1559, Frisco, CO 80443, United States

A simple records search revealed all of this info.

Jim Fox · · Westminster, CO · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 50
Josh Higgins wrote:What you should do is call your credit card company and tell them that it is a fraudulent charge and reverse the payment. Next, send the company an e-mail telling them that you did this and let them know if they want your money they need to send you what you paid for. Document everything. Make them pay for your shipping if you have to ship the nuttool you received back. Josh
Hope you used a credit card...

mountainproject.com/v/123mo…
badabing · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 0

I'm guessing the link below is the facebook profile for 'Anna Goumas'.

facebook.com/sofia.goumas?f…

And here is the profile for Oliver: facebook.com/olivier.goumas…

eli poss · · Durango, CO · Joined May 2014 · Points: 525

can we make this topic a sticky? That might help some poor souls down the road from falling into their trap.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "Don't buy from 123Mountain.com"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.