Mountain Project Logo

shameless last min xmass plug

Original Post
Michael Layton · · Sonora, CA · Joined Sep 2012 · Points: 5

My marketing went from pathetic to non-existant as I published my last book pretty much the last second before I moved out to NY for PA school. Anyway, I finally have some time off, looked at sales over the past year, and decided to really do some hardcore gorilla marketing by posting a link to amazon.com on a couple website.

So witness my marketing campaign:

Buy a book --> amazon.com/Climbing-Stronge…

flame away

frank minunni · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined May 2011 · Points: 95

No flames from me. Looks like you put a lot of work into it. It's not like it's some shitty blog

Nick Votto · · CO, CT, IT · Joined Jul 2008 · Points: 320

Looks great, think I'll use my Amazon gift card on this one!
Good work

Matt Carroll · · Van · Joined Dec 2013 · Points: 249

Reviews are great! I think I'll pick this baby up after the holidays!

tomW · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2011 · Points: 10

It's clear a lot of work went into this. Good luck!

Thanks!

Yeah it was def a labor of love.

Although it does have a training section, it is not suppose to be a training book per se, but more of a resource. Thank god,b/c I've seen at least 4 major new training books published since I started it!

Nick Votto · · CO, CT, IT · Joined Jul 2008 · Points: 320
MFL wrote:Thanks! Yeah it was def a labor of love. Although it does have a training section, it is not suppose to be a training book per se, but more of a resource. Thank god,b/c I've seen at least 4 major new training books published since I started it!
Even better! I do not have the attention span for an all out training manual
Jon H · · PC, UT · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 118

I think you meant "xm ass plug"

Jon H wrote:I think you meant "xm ass plug"
Which is a sweet buttplug that plays the latest and greatest satellite radio. Their lawyers will be in contact shortly.
Jon H wrote: Which is a sweet buttplug that plays the latest and greatest satellite radio. Their lawyers will be in contact shortly.
Well they're not getting mine back. I couldn't deal with not having the 1812 Overture going full bore.

i should have known my shameless XM Ass Plug would bring out the flamers. I'd would think that in this day and age that it wouldn't be a big deal....
status quo

Anyway, I've got stiff competition from the XL

Maybe I'll set up a discount for the breeders

^^^^ Where can I get one of those and does it come with the 1812 Overture?

Just gonna take a quick sec to actually plug Dr. Mike's book. It's an honest to god bible of all climbing knowledge, applicable to the modern trad/alpine/sport climber.

It's legit 25% larger (and 25% more informative) than Freedom of the Hills. And it's not about crusty hip belays. It's got everything from training plans to some obscure rope trickery reserved only for the most desperate alpine epics.

This is pretty much the only resource I've used to plan multiple major alpine trips, from the Cascades to Chamonix.

Buy this book! You will absolutely not regret it.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "shameless last min xmass plug"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started