Mountain Project Logo

Will I get 4G/Cell Reception at kraft boulders

Original Post
sevrdhed · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2006 · Points: 155

I'm coming to Vegas January 24th for a work trip and will be staying in a hotel about 6 miles from Red Rock. During my downtime, I'd love to take Uber out and spend some time screwing around at the Kraft boulders. But I want to make sure that while I'm out there, I'll be able to use Uber to request a pickup to get back to the hotel. Will that work?

Anything really awesome I should go hit while I'm there? I'll only have shoes and chalk bag so I'm looking for nice easy fun bouldering.

Jer · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 26

I have Sprint and can usually get signal near the monkey bar boulder, but it's spotty.

Leslie H · · Keystone · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 415

Very spotty service with Verizon. Usually can't make a call but can maybe send a text if you're patient.

BigB · · Red Rock, NV · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 340

In Calico Basin(Kraft), as far as I know, it's usually a no. Unless you climb/hike high enough(not hard to do)to clear the foothills between there and Vegas. I have ATT and I get good reception at the pass to yin&yang crag(sorta close to kraft, 10-15min hike), zero in the park lot and spotty reception by monkey bar. Good reception at the top of moderate mecca area, zero in the red springs parking lot.

Andre H. · · Boulder · Joined Nov 2012 · Points: 5

It's so damn hard to figure out boulder problems on my own, sometimes I need to use the trusty MP beta videos. Same thing with sport climbs.

The usual solution I use is to bring a drone and attach my cell phone to it. That way, you get the best of both worlds. Sick angles of climbing AND 4G

You're welcome

Jon H · · PC, UT · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 118

There are so many people at Kraft it will take 30 seconds max for you to hitch a ride back to the edge of town. Literally every single person is going out via W. Charleston Blvd and can drop you at that first traffic light in town next to the supermarket (Albertsons I think?) and Dunkin Donuts. Grab an Uber from there.

sevrdhed · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2006 · Points: 155

That's good to know, I was wondering how much traffic that road gets and if I'd be able to just hitch a ride. Hell my hotel is just across the street from the freeway entrance there. I've considered running back from the bouldering but I'm lazy and want to drink beer while I'm out there.

Thanks for the tips everyone. I guess worst case scenario, I have a long walk ahead of me back if I can't catch a ride or call Uber.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Nevada
Post a Reply to "Will I get 4G/Cell Reception at kraft boulders"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started