Mountain Project Logo

Walk-off route in Sedona?

Original Post
Ana D · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2015 · Points: 0

Hello:

I am looking for a route in Sedona that ends somewhere accessible by short hike or drive. Trying to plan a very small wedding in Sedona where the bride & groom could top out and meet up with officiant & witnesses, who are not climbing. Could be a hard route, could be sport or trad. Hopefully multi pitch. They are a capable couple. Anything come to mind?

A

walmongr · · Gilbert AZ · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 130

Lots of stuff at the Overlooks tops out a few feet from the parking lot. I don't know of anything directly in Sedona. Maybe some obscure route along Schnebly Hill Rd.

Kevin Kent · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2010 · Points: 1,541

Oski would be good. Good trail to the top.

Micah K · · Denver, Co · Joined Dec 2010 · Points: 60

I heard Queen Vic is a walk off.

Jake T · · Prescott AZ · Joined Jun 2011 · Points: 5

Queen Vic isn't a walk off. Also there's only room for about half a dozen people on the summit.

Manny Rangel · · PAYSON · Joined Jan 2006 · Points: 4,789

I second Oski and the Overlook. Can't think of anything else with that requirement.

Manny Rangel · · PAYSON · Joined Jan 2006 · Points: 4,789

Thats interesting. The couple will climb to the top of Bell Rock while the wedding party will walk to the top of it?

I stand corrected Tamara.

Ana D · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2015 · Points: 0

Thanks for the ideas everyone... keep 'em comin! I think Oski would have been perfect but the hike is too long for the family. I know we're asking for a lot here! It may just turn into a hike.

Paul Zander · · Bern, CH · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 739

I second Overlook and Bell Rock as good options depending on what your looking for. Overlook is 1 min flat walk to cliff top. Bell Rock requires roping up for the top 80 feet, but the notch below would be an amzing place for a small wedding, but does require some short 3rd class type scrambling to get to.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Arizona & New Mexico
Post a Reply to "Walk-off route in Sedona?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started