Mountain Project Logo

Montanans Moving to Vegas

Original Post
N A · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2015 · Points: 0

Hello Sunshine!

My parntner and I, and our dogs, just bought a 2015 Palomini camper trailer and decided to move to Las Vegas! We love Red Rock (like most) and we are done with zero below winters and chasing down anything that's not choss around Missoula, Montana. We are quiet and get out at least three times a week, our dogs are 2 and 4, and well behaved.

We are looking for a place to park our camper--preferably private property, rental properties are usually not to keen on having a camper on the property. We would want an electrical plug and and a spigot but we are not adverse to dry camping. We would be able to pay a small amount of rent, preferably under 250 ( including the electricity and water), but are willing to negotiate!

My name is Gillian my partner is Sam. I'm 23 and still working on my undergrads degree, Sam is 25 and a collage graduate. We primarily boulder and sport climb.... In summation, we would love to find a way for me to go to school for Sam to work and to climb as much as possible and a place to put our camper would make these goals more attainable!

--- Invalid image id: 111383999 ---

--- Invalid image id: 111384002 ---

--- Invalid image id: 111384003 ---

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 276

Who you callin' Sunshine? :)

Andrew Yasso · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Sep 2012 · Points: 215

Best of luck, welcome to Vegas.

JF1 · · Idaho · Joined Jan 2011 · Points: 400

Best of luck, just FYI, with the massive amount of properties in vegas being in HOA's rv parking is hard to find. We put out 500 a month for our rv pad and had a waiting line before we decided not to install hook ups and or have renters.

Rv parking isn't quite as abundant as other cities with postage stamp lots and driveways in the Summerlin area especially.

Thanks for the heads up!

It sounds like it will be quite different coming from a city of 30,000, a state of a million, and ample forest service land.

cassondra l · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2008 · Points: 335

However, places in some of the older parts of town have much larger lots, and places to park large vehicles. Not sure how you might get yourselves in a place like that, but around Jones and Edna spreading north and south there are a lot of places like that-- zoned for horses (and not such a far drive from Red Rock.)

THANKS ALL FOR THE GOOD INFO! We are gunna trailer park it, turns out they are pretty inexpensive!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Nevada
Post a Reply to "Montanans Moving to Vegas "

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started