Mountain Project Logo

Articles not opening

Original Post
Jason Rohde · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 0

When I click on articles they won't load I have an iPhone 5 is there something I'm doing wrong or is there something wrong with the app

DavisMeschke Guillotine · · Pinedale, WY · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 225

I'm having the same problem. Also, videos and pictures won't show up to click on in forum posts.

Nick Wilder · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2005 · Points: 4,098

Confirmed. I'm working on it.

I think this is a new security "feature" of iOS. We're looking into it, but it's likely that we'll have to issue a new build of the app, and that will take a couple weeks to get Apple's approval.

Sorry for the hassle!

Should be fixed. It is a new iOS security feature to NOT open things that aren't https URLs. So I've switched things to https, but since these are linking to external sites, we don't know if they actually support https.

Bottom line, all videos now work, and most but not all links to other sites will work.

DavisMeschke Guillotine · · Pinedale, WY · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 225

Thanks.

Most links still don't work but a few do. Thanks for working on it. Will u continue to try to fully address?

Only thing I could get to work were the videos under la sportiva no other videos work n no links at all...hope this is helpful info

Jason Rohde wrote:Only thing I could get to work were the videos under la sportiva no other videos work n no links at all...hope this is helpful info
Can you post the title (and page) with one of the problems? I assume we're talking about links inside forum pages that go to external sites, but your last post makes it sound like something else.

Our only foolproof solution to this problem is to open the forum in your browser, instead of inside the app. We're hoping to avoid this, but it might not be possible. Also, that would require us to release a new version of the app, which will take several weeks.

Under leading news if I try to click on this within the app I get nowhere
mountainproject.com/r?key=p…

This is the nik berry article

Update to app has everything working well again...many thanks!
Jason

Jason Rohde wrote:Update to app has everything working well again...many thanks! Jason
Excellent - thanks for following up!
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

iPhone & Android App Feedback
Post a Reply to "Articles not opening"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.