Mountain Project Logo

Folsom Quarry on Mt Aeolus in Vermont

Original Post
Kirbs · · Selkirk, New York · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 40

I was up hiking here the other day and stumbled upon this small crag which is home to some of new bolts from what I saw (10+ sport routes and multiple possible trad lines). Does anyone have any information on this area? It looks like it's in the very early stages of development. Anyways, part of the quarry itself has seem damage from rock extraction in the past but other parts have clean looking lines.

Nick Goldsmith · · Pomfret VT · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 440

I saw shots of that aretter somewheres a few years ago. southern VT?

TSluiter · · Holland, VT · Joined May 2013 · Points: 314

I've heard there a ton of abandoned quarries down in the south. This one here looks quite alright, that arete looks great!

Kirbs · · Selkirk, New York · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 40

I looked everywhere online and couldn't find a thing.. Yes, Southern Vermont near Manchester. Maybe it's more of a local place at the moment but anyways it was about a 25 minute hike in and I'm planning to head back to check out the lines they've already set up very soon. I'd honestly say there's opportunity for 50 or so routes in the quarry.

Eric LaRoche · · West Swanzey, NH · Joined Aug 2011 · Points: 25

We really need climbing in Southern VT and South West NH.

Max Forbes · · Colorado · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 108

Rock looks cool!

Nick Goldsmith · · Pomfret VT · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 440

There is a southern vt climbing facebook group. Pretty shure that is where i saw the photos of that thing. they most likly want to keep it off MP

Jason Hayden · · North Clarendon, VT · Joined Oct 2010 · Points: 9,585

I know the guy - pm me for more info. Good guy has put up all the routes himself and would love help. He indicates there is definitely potential for more.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northeastern States
Post a Reply to "Folsom Quarry on Mt Aeolus in Vermont"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started