Mountain Project Logo

Anyone have both Miura VCs and TC Pros to compare sizing?

Original Post
Colin Kenneth · · Fort Collins, co · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 280

Despite living in a city, where all things should seemingly be available, I can't find a store with TC Pros to try on. I'm getting to Yosemite and Tuolumne fairly regularly this season, so I want to try out a more specific shoe.

I tend to wear Miura VCs for sport and gym climbing. My "Comfortable" sized pair are still pretty uncomfortable as an all day shoe.

Anyone have some insight on how the sizing compares with TC Pros to Miura VCS? I read that the TCPs won't really stretch. I was thinking half size up from my sport/bouldering size.

Thanks in advance!

Kiel Swanson · · Irvine, California · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 55

I wear a 42 in vcs muiras and 41.5 in the tc. Street shoe 10. Tc is comfy but not sloppy at all, the muira is a little "tighter" feeling even though it's a half size larger.

John Butler · · Tonopah, NV · Joined Feb 2010 · Points: 115

Muiras snug at 44.5
TCs comfy at 45

Bill Czajkowski · · Albuquerque, NM · Joined Oct 2008 · Points: 20

VS I've worn both 41 and 40.5. The 40.5 being a little too tight. However that left the 41 with a little less firm backstep edge than I needed for the smallest bouldering edges.
TC Pro, 42, sized for crack climbing (toes flat).

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 276

When you're in Tuolumne, you're not that far from Bishop (1+ hour). Wilson's Eastside Sports probably carries TC Pros, so you could try them on. Great store, if you haven't been there.

eastsidesports.com/eastside/

csproul · · Pittsboro...sort of, NC · Joined Dec 2009 · Points: 330

Same size. Could go up a half size in TC Pros

CTB · · Cave Creek, AZ · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 305

42.5 muiras - bare foot
43.0 tc pros - thin socks

Bill Kirby · · Keene New York · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 480

Muira VS 43 ( tight gym shoes)

TCs. 43.5 (all day comfort)

B Gilmore · · AZ · Joined Nov 2005 · Points: 1,260

go down a half size from your performance fit Miura VC to get good fit for the TC Pros, otherwise you'll wish you had after about a week of wearing them.

justgoodenough · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2012 · Points: 41

The last is different so it's worth trying the shoe on. Can you order from somewhere that does free return shipping? Order 3 or 4 sizes, return all but one?

I climb in Miura VCS all the time, it's my favorite shoe. TC pros felt narrower and didn't fit right for me (and I tried on 3 sizes and climbed in them for 30 minutes or so).

Curt Nelson · · Fort Collins, CO · Joined Oct 2006 · Points: 435

I also sized up by 1\2 for the TC Pros. Found them to be fairly stiff at first and broke in to be comfy enough for multi pitch cracks yet still inspire confidence on small stuff.

dano72 · · Colorado Springs, CO · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 5

same size.

TCs took a while to break in.

Colin Kenneth · · Fort Collins, co · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 280

Thanks for the input everyone! It definitely seems like I need to track a pair down to try on before committing to them.

ollieon wrote:The last is different so it's worth trying the shoe on. Can you order from somewhere that does free return shipping? Order 3 or 4 sizes, return all but one? .
If only, haha. At the better part of $200 for a pair, I can't really afford to commit $550 to the few weeks it would require for the online fitting maneuver. The alternative is to do it one at a time, but that seems like a lot of time/work.
phil wortmann · · Colorado Springs, Co. · Joined Feb 2005 · Points: 1,186

I own both, and the same size seems to translate well.

Luc-514 · · Montreal, QC · Joined Nov 2006 · Points: 12,536

Snug Miura VCS size 39
Comfy TC Pros size 39.5

Will probably buy a toghter pair of TCs for more technical crack+face routes cause the 39.5 rolls a bit on tiny edges.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "Anyone have both Miura VCs and TC Pros to compa…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started