Mountain Project Logo

Gunks/North Conway August

Original Post
hstmoore · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 0

Hi, I'm coming from England to the East Coast (Boston) for a month in August.

I haven't climbed in the US before and I'm psyched to get out. I don't know much about the climbing around the east coast - I have heard the Gunks or North Conway are good places to go for trad.

I mainly climb trad (up to about 5.11d) and also climb some sport (up to about 5.12b).

I'll be bringing my shoes and harness with me, but I won't have a rope or rack.

If anyone wants to get out climbing together, or has any advice, please hit me up either here or at hstmoore@gmail.com

Thanks!
Theo

joshgleiner Gleiner · · Littleton, NH · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 0

Hey Theo,

I live up in Vermont about a 3 hr drive from Boston. I'd be happy to show you around Cathedral some weekend in August, but I don't lead as hard as you. Be happy to hold the rope for you and *try* to follow some harder routes, though. Lemme know. 20+ years of climbing experience.

Mixedclimber · · Cupertino, CA · Joined May 2015 · Points: 65

Hi Theo,
I'd be interested.

Just sent you a PM.
Nicolas

beensandbagged · · smallest state · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 0

Try posting here ( neclimbs.com/) also. Lots of good climbing in the North East. I would put the climbing in the Adirondack park in upstate NY 2 or 3 hours north of the Gunks on my schedule and if the oportunity presents itself try the suburban cragging on central Connecticut traprock, also close (2 hours) to the gunks. Both areas have guides on this website. Hope you enjoy your stay.

hstmoore · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 0

Thanks for the replies guys, very helpful.

If anyone is interested in mid-week climbing at either location, please let me know!

David Coleman · · New York, NY · Joined Nov 2013 · Points: 5

available 8/24 and 8/25

David

dc5103@hotmail.com

David Coleman · · New York, NY · Joined Nov 2013 · Points: 5

How About Tomorrow?

dc5103@hotmail.com

Chuck Weber · · SoPo, ME · Joined Feb 2010 · Points: 45

Theo and all,
I'm in Conway, but will climb anywhere in NH on Wed(26) and Thurs(27). PM me here or call/text Chuck at 423-505-5754.
Safe travels.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

North Eastern States Partners
Post a Reply to "Gunks/North Conway August"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started