Mountain Project Logo

SCC Community Forum

wwes · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 0
Joey Wolfe wrote:the way Will Eccleston was treated in the last thread doesn't sit right with me either.
One of the main reasons I started posting. But I'm all done arguing now and I don't wanna see anybody eat mud. I've apologized to Ben and Paul in case I said anything totally out of line. I was arguing because I cared and I think I was the only one to answer Paul's 4 questions constructively back on page 15. Anyhow, I hope this continues constructively, but it's looking pretty dead.

And to be clear, Plemmons didn't want to bolt Punk Wave. Just a joke.
AUMonkeyBoy · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2015 · Points: 15

It's dead because the SCC has either stalled, disbanded, or is so lax in it's ability to address Joey's questions that they just have nothing to say. Regarding Alabama, anyway.

Meanwhile, while Wes claims lose affiliation, there's this:

Wes' butt?

This is a serious matter. Meanwhile, we are left with the silliness regarding Jason and Wes. Jason, who I hear is moving soon anyway, so why is he the red herring?

You say it's dead. I say, this is propaganda on behalf of your associates at the SCC. "We're just volunteers. These things take time. We're not the crag police."

You've seen the "naysaying naybobs of negativity" (as per another SCC Board Member) go dark. In the meantime, I believe a letter is being penned to the SCC for a formal statement.

The noise has stopped. For now.

wwes · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 0

Monkey Boy, I see you started an MP account recently (I'm an internet detective too!), apparently just to post on these SCC threads. I don't see your name, address, and phone number listed anywhere... You're actually Paul, aren't you? I'm just gonna go ahead and assume you're Paul. And you keep up the excellent detective work! You guys have been spot on about everything so far and it's been really helpful. This important piece of evidence you've discovered really sheds new light on the matters at hand!

EDIT: I don't really think this is Paul. That was a joke, but I'm already getting PMs about how Monkey Boy isn't Paul. I know jokes are tough for you guys, so let me spell it out - it was a joke about how you guys implied that everybody here with a new account was an SCC secret agent. Get it?

You meant to say I claim a "loose" affiliation, right? If so, that's correct, my strongest affiliation with the SCC is Plemmons's interest in my butt. I'm not exactly sure you know what "red herring" means or maybe I just don't follow your poorly constructed sentence, but I also don't understand why Plemmons has become the focal point in all of this or why you're so familiar with his personal life. It's kind of bizarre actually. Who exactly turned this serious matter into silliness about Plemmons and I? I certainly haven't, except when trying to explain to you geniuses that I'm not him. And it's not like we're central to any of these serious matters. I meant this thread was dead, as in nothing constructive is currently happening. You've helped to confirm that, in your first post since your Star Trek post, by only talking about Plemmons and my ass. If you'd like to focus on serious matters, how about this - quit investigating who I am (as if it matters), bringing up Plemmons, and taking screen shots of internet profiles and start talking about some serious matters already. Or you could just "go dark" again.

Paul Barnes · · Gainesville, Georgia · Joined Nov 2007 · Points: 30
Jordan Mitchell · · Lookout Mountain · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 40

I have a great memory from Steele. I went on a rainy hangover hike on a Sunday with one of my best climbing buds after a late night at Horse Pens (and breakfast at the Huddle House of course). Really liked it and the little cairns that someone put all over the trail. The colors and fog that day were just incredible.

Mark O'Neal · · Nicholson, GA · Joined Oct 2009 · Points: 3,323
Paul Barnes wrote:http://www.mountainproject.com/v/steele/110819919
Wow. The nuclear option. Take my ball and go home as it were.....

EDIT: Ah. Now it all makes sense.
Mark E Dixon · · Possunt, nec posse videntur · Joined Nov 2007 · Points: 974
Mark O'Neal wrote: Wow. The nuclear option. Take my ball and go home as it were..... EDIT: HA! The main Steele page says there are zero routes, but if you click on the two areas all of the routes are still there.
Heart warming proof that if you tell the kids to get off your lawn often enough and obnoxiously enough, then eventually some folks will be more discreet about telling the kids which parts of your lawn are the most fun to play on.
Paul Barnes · · Gainesville, Georgia · Joined Nov 2007 · Points: 30
Mark E Dixon · · Possunt, nec posse videntur · Joined Nov 2007 · Points: 974
Paul Barnes wrote:http://www.mountainproject.com/v/steele-routes-on-private-property/110824282
Despite all the lunacy of this thread, this is the right thing to do. Folks shouldn't be trespassing on Ben's property or encouraging others to do so.
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern States
Post a Reply to "SCC Community Forum"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.