Mountain Project Logo

Heading to The gunks tomorrow!

Original Post
adrianna melody · · Hopatcong, NJ · Joined May 2015 · Points: 45

Is anybody going to be up there?
Ill be there Hiking and bouldering for most of the day. If anyones going to be up there bouldering or anything let me know!

G Man · · Tahoe · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 81

Yup! A group of five of us are driving up from NYC predominately to boulder!

Greg Redlawsk wrote:Yup! A group of five of us are driving up from NYC predominately to boulder!
Is there a specific spot you guys will be at?
We will make plans to head that way!
G Man · · Tahoe · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 81

Well not sure exactly, but I know we're interested in checking out the Boxcar and Andrew's area for sure. We'll be getting in there around 10 or 11.

Logan Schiff · · Brooklyn, NY · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 60

I am planning to go up tomorrow barring a complete washout if anyone is interested in getting some climbing in. Was hoping to do multi-pitch but happy to toprope or maybe even boulder if the weather is as bad as predicted. L8/9 follow 10.

I will bring a rack and rope. Will check email and cell 6173883302 and should be there 930ish. Coming from Brooklyn by car. Will probably head to Uberfall area.

-Logan

Well, today was my first day at the gunks, it was awesome
Going in on the carraige road i was intimidated, nervous, and questioning my bouldering abilities! There were so many amazing climbers and so much to look at
But i gave it a go on some problems and made it out OK. Had someone help us at the boxcar area for awhile but at the end of the day left me feeling defeated,i will TOTALLY be back in the fall to send it.

Anyway, heres a few photos from our adventure today..

The gunks

the gunks 2

keith at the gunks

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northeastern States
Post a Reply to "Heading to The gunks tomorrow!"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.