Mountain Project Logo

Laos Climbing June....anyone interested?

Original Post
J2014 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 0

I'll be arriving in Vang Vieng in a few days (early June) and will stay as long as I'm able to have fun.

Pha Tang is said to be the best crag in the area and stays dry if raining.

Fill me in if interested. I'll have draws and rope.

Daniel Sm · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Dec 2013 · Points: 0

Hi J2014,

I am flying into Bangkok on June 12th and will make my way up to Chiang Mai to climb. From there, I am certainly open to climbing in Laos. Would you like to join me in Chiang Mai as well?

Daniel

Hi, I should be in Vang Vieng June 6 or 7.

Likely stay in V.V for at least a week....no idea where to next. Thakhek is an option if it isn't raining a lot....can sleep/eat in town. Could also head to Chiang Mai after Lao.

Daniel Sm · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Dec 2013 · Points: 0

Ok, sounds good, my email is dsmilansky@gmail.com. What is your contact info?

Hi Dan, I sent you an email.

I'm in Vang Vieng. No rain but no climbers.

Was told that rainy season is slow to start and Thakhek should be okay for climbing until the end of the month if anyone is interested. Think Greens is closed so it would be staying in town.

JohnGwillim · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 0

Hey guys,

I fly into Vientiane on June 18 in the evening and would be up for meeting either of you to climb (I'll be in Railay until then). I would be up for Vang Vieng or any other place in Laos--have about 9 days free before I meet up with a friend for non climbing activities. Also have most of the month of July free as well. I've got gear with me. Send me a message if the timing may work out with your schedule.

John

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

International
Post a Reply to "Laos Climbing June....anyone interested?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started