Mountain Project Logo

finger amputation recovery?

Chris Call · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 0

I too lost my index finger 1st knuckle. I have made a prosthetic that works and is 3D printed. It is good for a wear around prosthetic but would not be good for anything close to moderate or heavy duty use. You can check it out on my facebook page if you are interested.
The first link is a prosthetic I sent to a guy in the Bahamas

facebook.com/CallEnterprise…

This one is the prosthetic I wear.

facebook.com/CallEnterprise…

19Kilo · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 10

Wow, great info here...lost the tip of my index finger yesterday. Final amputation surgery is tomorrow. Wanted to see what to expect with climbing. doesn't sound all that bad.

shotgunnelson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2009 · Points: 5

Had my left index finger stuck in a cement mixer. They reattached it and it is now permanently bent at a 90 degree angle. I asked them to remove it and was not listened too. Crack climbing is much harder now because of the pain , the cold blows and I can't point at things. That being said I have bouldered just as hard as ever and sport climbed harder. I was really bummed about it for a couple months while my finger recovered but decided I wouldn't let losing a digit hold me back. I recommend skipping the being bummed stage and getting those other fingers to work. Welcome to the club.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "finger amputation recovery?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started