Mountain Project Logo

Free Gear Thread - Giving away

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Zack Wentz · · Issaquah, WA · Joined Jan 2012 · Points: 265

Hey Chad,

You mind if I call dibs on the San Francisco Bay Area climbs and the 2 Yosemite books (Big walls and Free climbs)? I'll PM you with details.

Frazier Garland · · Wyoming · Joined Dec 2012 · Points: 50

Heading to Cuba, seeking gear to donate to the locals. Titanium bolts/hangers, ropes, harnesses, shoes/soles, QD's in decent condition. If you have anything, let me know... Thanks

Q-man · · Calumet, CO · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 230

Chad, now that I'm back in the South and close to WV; that Seneca guide would be put to use. PM sent; I would send funds to have it mailed.

I will also offer up a new Trango pyramid belay device to someone in need to keep the "FREE" theme of this thread going.

Jessica Linton · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 0

Just getting started building my trad rack and definitely would love any gear that people don't need anymore. Whether that is some guidebooks, especially for the Gunks, Seneca, New River Gorge, and Red River Gorge, or some trad gear, tricams are personally my favorite pieces. Thanks!

arjun · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 5

Hello all, I have some old school shoes that are too small for me and I am hoping they can find some use with someone else.

Size 12 1/2 Boreal Zen's (they need a resole)
Size 12 Boreal Ninjas (in good shape with a pretty good amount of life left in them)
Size 12 FiveTen Granites (in very good shape with a long and happy life ahead of them)

I would love to get them all to 1 person, and all I ask is that the recipient pay for actual shipping which will be cheapest via the USPS, or better yet I can deliver them to someone in the Albuquerque area.

Shoes

Update: Gone

Amélie · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2013 · Points: 314

PM sent on Trango Pyramid

Jon Rhoderick · · Redmond, OR · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 966
Butchered picks

Close up

A friend of mine butchered these T rated black diamond picks. They will fit in a usps flat rate small I think $5.95 shipped and they are yours. If your handy with a file they are probably salvageable.
Marlin Thorman · · Spokane, WA · Joined Oct 2011 · Points: 2,415

PM sent about the picks.

RoughneckNine0 · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Nov 2013 · Points: 91

Yes I'm sure there are some puffies that people are willing to part with.....

That's what the "For Sale" thread is for

Dylan D · · Asheville, NC, USA · Joined May 2011 · Points: 35

got some freebies, just pay shipping. mountainproject.com/v/backp…

Kevin Hansen · · Melba Idaho · Joined Apr 2008 · Points: 130
Chris Duca wrote:Thanks for the smart ass advice, Roughneck.
This brings up an interesting idea. In addition to the free gear thread here on MP, as a moderator you should open up a new "beg for gear" thread.
Under this new thread title you should describe it as "too cheap to pay for stuff? Want something for nothing? Post away."
I've enjoyed giving stuff away to other climbers on this thread, shoot, I've gotten some stuff off it too. It bothers me when folks beg more than give.
If you feel the same way, reply with your favorite movie line
"He lived two years in a cave up on the Musselshell with a female panther, she never did get used to him."
arjun · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 5

"Well that's just like your opinion, man"

Tom-onator · · trollfreesociety · Joined Feb 2010 · Points: 790

"don't ever call me buddy, pal, or sweetheart." -Hemlock, Eiger Sanction

Mark O'Neal · · Nicholson, GA · Joined Oct 2009 · Points: 3,323

"A man's got to know his limitations"

mc kaiser · · Lander, Wy · Joined May 2010 · Points: 206

"I am the Walrus."
"Shut the fuck up, Donny! V.I. Lenin. Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov!"

jondsheldahl · · Cedar Falls, Iowa · Joined Dec 2013 · Points: 5
mc kaiser wrote:"I am the Walrus." "Shut the fuck up, Donny! V.I. Lenin. Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov!"
those are good burgers walter
Chris54 wrote:...I support what Kevin said. Back to the thread.
For the full story click here.
Scroll down to the first post on Jan 9th of this year.

I have a Eurika one man tent that needs a home.
It is a little beat up, and could use some TLC, but how can you complain about $12 for shipping? These pictures are the same make and model, but these are not pictures of the actual tent.

"Don't mind her. She's French-Canadian. Some days she's Canadian. Can be quite pleasant. Today she's obviously French."
Looks like Brian is the winner of this tent.
Send $12 to my paypal.
Brian Monetti · · New York, NY · Joined Jan 2012 · Points: 322

PM sent on the tent!

Brian Monetti wrote:PM sent on the tent!
And he paid for shipping within ten minutes of my post.

For those of you just joining us, we are posting our favorite movie quotes in support of a separate thread category titled "Requesting free gear". This "Free Gear" thread should be reserved for people that have free gear to give.
"If your looking for Qualen, try about 4,000 feet south of here. He'll be the one wearing the helicopter."
Ryan L · · Ringwood NJ · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 105

Damn. I got the email on my phone and was gonna contact you, but then got distracted. Next time...

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started