Mountain Project Logo

DO NOT climb at Mickey Mouse on Saturday!!!!

Original Post
Jason Haas · · Broomfield, CO · Joined Oct 2005 · Points: 1,582

As nearly 40 volunteers will be replacing all the old, manky hardware with this:

rebolting Mickey Mouse

Hopefully, come Saturday afternoon, every bolt there will have been replaced. I'll post updates and photos after the event. Thanks to BCC, FCC, and ACE for their support, along with ClimbTech, Trango, and Fixed Pin Publishing for making this event happen.

There of course are non-bolted routes you could climb on, but with nearly two dozen fixed lines and climbers swinging all around with whirling drills, I'd advise saving Mickey Mouse for another day :)

Tim Stich · · Colorado Springs, Colorado · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 1,520

Looks nice! Good work.

oh yeah, we'll also be giving away advanced copies of these puppies to our volunteers. Boom! (Ignore the hilarious t-shirt - I taught a math class today)

Advanced copies.

runout · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 30

I want those books and I don't even live in CO. Good luck fellas.

Wally · · Denver · Joined Apr 2006 · Points: 0

Thanks Jason and everyone else helping out!

just sort of one last bump to inform people - I'd hate for someone to hike all the way up there to find a string of fixed lines all over their climbing objectives. Again, Sunday should be good to go

Sagar Gondalia · · Golden · Joined Jun 2006 · Points: 5

Jason, thank you and all the other volunteers and sponsors for this great work! What time are people getting up there?

Sagar - I think you're post is in reference to helping out. If so, we greatly appreciate the support, but volunteers had to go through a rebolt clinic before signing up so that we could ensure we were re-using the same holes whenever possible. I've then paired people up in teams and assigned routes. We'd love your involvement for next year, but we're pretty set for this year, sorry. But if you have interest in bolt replacement in general, I can definitely help set you up with a mentor etc.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado
Post a Reply to "DO NOT climb at Mickey Mouse on Saturday!!!!"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.