Mountain Project Logo

Best Photograph of El Capitan & Sierra Needles

Original Post
Jeffrey Dunn · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2007 · Points: 229

I'm looking to purchase a large format photograph/lithograph of El Cap or the Sierra Needles. I was wondering if anyone had any favorite photos they know is available in large format. I've found some interesting ideas, but feel like there is more out there that I am missing.

Thanks,

Jeff

Mickey Sensenbach · · San luis obispo CA · Joined Dec 2012 · Points: 140

well, I have got a few good ones. I will post some of them here, Let me know if you want more.

Sorry for the internet photo spray folks, but if it may result in $$, well then, bring it on :)

Jeffrey Dunn · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2007 · Points: 229

I can see, my original question probably wasn't very clear as to what I was looking for. I'm looking for a landscape photo, large format, big picture of el cap at sunset with a reflection in the merced type of thing...

Nice pics though! Thanks!

Mike Berkow · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2008 · Points: 5

I have one photo that may fit your needs, depending on how big you need the image.

Ryan Pfleger · · Boise, ID · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 25

This thread is awesome. Dude asks for a large format landscape, even getting as specific as wanting reflections in the Merced at sunset. He gets point and shoot climbing shots and star trails. I am so tempted to post some shots of puppies...

If you can't afford Ansel Adams, and it really needs to be shot with a large format camera (assuming that is what you meant, it seems kind of arbitrary) you might want to check out the work of guys like Charles Cramer, Keith Walklet, QT Luong, Karl Kroeber, etc.

Here is a link to the relevant portion of QT Luongs site: terragalleria.com/large-for…

If you don't care if it was shot with large format gear and really just have some size requirements, then that opens up a lot of great images.

Allen Sanderson · · On the road to perdition · Joined Jul 2007 · Points: 1,203

Poke around the Ansel Adams website: anseladams.com. You might find a reproduction poster that might fit your needs. I know there is one of Half Dome - not EL Cap.

Also check out Galen Rowell's site: mountainlight.com as well. He has posters as well.

Steve Williams · · The state of confusion · Joined Jul 2005 · Points: 235

Ed Cooper has some awesome shots of El Cap also. . .

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Photos & Videos
Post a Reply to "Best Photograph of El Capitan & Sierra Needles"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started