Mountain Project Logo

What's your favorite chalk and why?

ZackBay · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2013 · Points: 10

crayola sidewalk chalk without a doubt it makes everything pretty colors...

Alex McIntyre · · Tucson, AZ · Joined Jan 2011 · Points: 546

I like the BD White Gold or a 50:50 mix of a Frank Endo block and either Bison or Mad Rock Addiction chalk.

Tom-onator · · trollfreesociety · Joined Feb 2010 · Points: 790

Pics of chalk or GTFO

sanz · · Pisgah Forest, NC · Joined Nov 2011 · Points: 210

clove scented with turmeric for color

clay meier · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2008 · Points: 350

This might be the dumbest thread I have seen on mp yet.

mitchy B · · nunya gotdamn business. · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 0

I just put handfulls of dirt im my chalk bag and use that. It doesn't leave white chalk marks all over the crag.

R. Moran · · Moab , UT · Joined Mar 2009 · Points: 140

What about liquid chalk anybody ever use that? Craig don't be so negative! This could be another what kind of car should I buy thread.

Tom-o Sapien wrote:Pics of chalk or GTFO
dave wave · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2011 · Points: 25

Frank endo blocks...but last month i used bison chalk, it was super fine. Kept my hands dry as a bone!

Alex McIntyre · · Tucson, AZ · Joined Jan 2011 · Points: 546
R. Moran wrote:What about liquid chalk anybody ever use that? Craig don't be so negative! This could be another what kind of car should I buy thread.
Liquid chalk can be super helpful for certain types of routes but it is somewhat expensive and really isn't applicable for anything but hard redpoint burns.
mitchy wrote:I just put handfulls of dirt im my chalk bag and use that. It doesn't leave white chalk marks all over the crag.
Is that like one of those Eco ball thingys?
PatCleary · · Boston, MA · Joined Sep 2011 · Points: 0

Another vote for the Bison, my hands have been way happier after climbing since I switched.

So far Endo is in the lead followed closely by White Gold, then Bison , and lastly super chalk. You can pm me your vote if your scared to admit you use it.

Jon Zucco · · Denver, CO · Joined Aug 2008 · Points: 245

To clarify my vote -- Endo. That's what they sell at the DBC, right?

MacM · · Tucson/Preskitt, AZ · Joined Feb 2010 · Points: 675

This thread IS pretty ridiculous, but I'm a chalk fiend myself.

How has no one mentioned X-chalk yet?! That's sh!t is literally white gold. Can't live without it. It says on the packaging not to blend it with any other chalks, but for the amount if chalk I use I can't afford not to blend it. I usually do a 33%/66% mix of X-Chalk/Frank Endo. For SW desert granite it soothes the inevitable pain of shredding your skin with every move.

-Mac

I don't understand what's so ridiculous. We all use it. Even them big bad tough guys who say they don't, still have a chalk bag with some in it somewhere. Maybe they don't want their friends to know or maybe someone in their family has a problem with it so they have to hide it. Truth is it's one of the few pieces of gear that spans the spectrum of climbing whether you Boulder , sport, trad , free aid, free solo etc..

Stephen Crimin · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 65

Bison chalk is by far my favorite! it's so fluffy, not grainy at all and I don't have to chalk up as much.

J Q · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 50

Bison and super chalk, one for the sending season and one for the summer. Also, you can make liquid chalk from alcohol and any regular chalk, it's super cheap and just as effective. Liquid chalk is for the warm weather send.

pataug16 · · chattanooga, TN · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 30

Ive never herd of the liquid chalk mix exactly how much alcohol and chalk do you use?

Damienn Nicodemi · · nevada city, ca · Joined Jan 2013 · Points: 76
pataug16 wrote:Ive never herd of the liquid chalk mix exactly how much alcohol and chalk do you use?
I mix a couple shots of alcohol with a few lines of chalk...... ;)
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "What's your favorite chalk and why?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started