Mountain Project Logo

Warm Sunny Saturday !!!

Original Post
Russ Keane · · Salt Lake · Joined Feb 2013 · Points: 392

Anyone get out there this past weekend? Amazing. If you know the sunny south-facing cliffs, it was very climbable!

Holla Farley! I was lead-climbing in a t-shirt, in February, in Massachusetts!!

William Sonoma · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2012 · Points: 3,550

I love the positive energy, keep that fire stoked dude!

Craig Manahan · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2013 · Points: 10

Wishing I got out last weekend. I would love to get outside on some rock soon, but it looks like it is getting cold again, and I am a wimp when it comes to cold climbing. Does anybody know where the closest pretty consistently warmer (or more likely to be warm) rock would be? I'm looking for the 40s or 50s and it seems like there might be somewhere in Maryland, VA, WV, or maybe even southern PA that would be south facing and likely to be 10 degrees warmer than further north?

Travis Dustin · · Mexico Maine · Joined Jan 2012 · Points: 1,665

Got out to rumney on Sunday!! Armed an Dangerous wall was pretty dry. Climbing in a T-shirt was great.

Jay Knower · · Plymouth, NH; Lander, WY · Joined Jul 2001 · Points: 6,056
Travis Dustin wrote:Got out to rumney on Sunday!! Armed an Dangerous wall was pretty dry. Climbing in a T-shirt was great.
Travis, might I have very briefly met you on Saturday? We walked past as we headed from Main Cliff to Monsters.
Max Forbes · · Colorado · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 108

Pretty fun day on Sunday...

Travis Dustin · · Mexico Maine · Joined Jan 2012 · Points: 1,665

If you saw this ugly mug then yeah we met briefly.

Woodchuck ATC · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2007 · Points: 3,280

9 more inches of snow coming in this Sat night,,,and meanwhile temps back below zero from tomorrow through eary Sat. here near Chicago. Yup,,I'm sticking to pounding ice tools yet for another month. Maybe hit the Red by late April. It's gonna be a long ice and skiing season here for sure in upper Midwest.

Eric Chabot · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Jul 2011 · Points: 45
Jay Knower wrote: Travis, might I have very briefly met you on Saturday? We walked past as we headed from Main Cliff to Monsters.
That was me, dave and ali. We had fun, and migrated down to meadows. How was monsters?
Jay Knower · · Plymouth, NH; Lander, WY · Joined Jul 2001 · Points: 6,056
Eric Chabot wrote: That was me, dave and ali. We had fun, and migrated down to meadows. How was monsters?
Well, nice to meet you Eric. Monsters was great, as usual. Was the Meadows soaked?
Eric Chabot · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Jul 2011 · Points: 45

Holderness arete was dry. We had hoped to get on flesh for lulu but the traverse at the top involved fording a small stream. Some others were on bolt line, which had a dry streak next to it. Everything else was pretty wet

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northeastern States
Post a Reply to "Warm Sunny Saturday !!!"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started