Mountain Project Logo

Hawaii (oahu) guidebook?

Original Post
bayouclimb · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2013 · Points: 0

Hello,

I am heading to the island of oahu and was wondering if anyone knew of a guidebook I could purchase. I've been looking online but can't find one.

Capt. Impatient · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 0

The only climbing that is open I believe is at weimea bay it's all bouldering. Get there early because the beach bums set up under the routes and don't move. The "moke" which is unfortunately closed now due to an death at the crag.

20 kN · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2009 · Points: 1,346
bayouclimb wrote:Hello, I am heading to the island of oahu and was wondering if anyone knew of a guidebook I could purchase. I've been looking online but can't find one.
This website is the guidebook. All the sport and trad climbs a visitor might be interested are on the destinations tab on the site.
bayouclimb · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2013 · Points: 0

thank y'all, I appreciate the info. bouldering it is!

Frank Stein · · Albuquerque, NM · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 205

There is a guidebook in the box at the base of Mokuleia. It is only for that area, but sadly, it is closed by the state. Talk to Mike at Climb Aloha.

20 kN · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2009 · Points: 1,346
the schmuck wrote:There is a guidebook in the box at the base of Mokuleia. It is only for that area, but sadly, it is closed by the state. Talk to Mike at Climb Aloha.
That old and inaccurate paper is long gone. This website is the most accurate source of information relating to the routes up there.
Capt. Impatient · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 0

When I was there I did leave some papers in the box about the routes and the area also a crude map of the location of the routes. It is to bad it's closed now what an awesome crag and great views.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "Hawaii (oahu) guidebook?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started