Mountain Project Logo

Moonlight Buttress info

Original Post
Mike Rowley · · Traveling · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 76

Hey everyone, Im considering trying Moonlight Butt next fall. I will be able to spend plenty of time between now and then in The Creek. Was wondering if anyone ideas of IC routes that would be good training for the crux pitches of MB. Any other beta, or ideas welcome too

chuck claude · · Flagstaff, Az · Joined Jul 2006 · Points: 225

check the history, Josh Janes and others had suggested a training regime of Creek routes to train on for the route.

Mike Rowley · · Traveling · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 76

Hmm... Ive tried searching it out using a variety of word variations. If you are able to locate any, I would love the link!

Andy Laakmann · · Bend, OR · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 1,990
Tom-onator · · trollfreesociety · Joined Feb 2010 · Points: 790
VaGenius wrote:Thanks Andy. I don't know how to create links, otherwise that would've gotten wedged in there with the sarcasm. Pretty sure Mike's going to get the info he wanted. Now...boob photos please?
b00bs
Josh Janes · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2001 · Points: 9,999
Mike Rowley wrote:Hmm... Ive tried searching it out using a variety of word variations. If you are able to locate any, I would love the link!
Was one of the word variations "Moonlight Buttress"?

Because when you do that the very first link returned is the free climbing page for Moonlight Buttress.
reboot · · . · Joined Jul 2006 · Points: 125

I found one of the better way to prepare for the splitter pitch is doing Johnny Cat w/o any of the face holds. Otherwise the hard part is only 2-3 moves long.

Monty · · Golden, CO · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 3,530

Yup, johny cat, puma and as many hard corner pitches as you can do in a day. Seek out corners where you lead with your left hand if possible. I found the crux of the route was dinking in gear on the 12+ corner pitch as the pods aren't the most straight forward to protect.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "Moonlight Buttress info"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started