Mountain Project Logo

Anyone else on mp heading to Yosemite for the AAC climbers meetup?

Aaron McDonald · · Santa Cruz, CA · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 15

Thank you Carol for putting this together. This is going to be a blast! So much good climbing in the Sierra's how can we go wrong?

I am driving from Santa Cruz, CA. I have room if anyone cares to carpool from the Bay Area.

Alicia Sokolowski · · Brooklyn, NY · Joined Aug 2010 · Points: 1,781

I have always kind of had my eye on Russell. Looks like a short-ish drive away. Just in case it tempts me, any access problems as a result of the closure?

phil broscovak · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2002 · Points: 1,631

Carol is my housemate and I have to tell you all she has been busting her tail over the Shut Down and last minute rearrangements required. It is remarkable what she and her supporters like Cory "HardCor" Fleagle have been able to do. Carol deserves a lot of kudos and credit.

Michael Hong · · North Vancouver, BC, Canada · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 5

Awesome hustle to get Plan B in place Carol & Crew! Someone should definitely be documenting this... sounds like great material for a dirtbag diaries episode haha! Nothing like a wrench in the works to dial up the adventure~

Kurtz · · Fort Collins, CO · Joined Oct 2006 · Points: 4,632

ICM: I want it. I want it. I want it.

NPS: You caaaaaan't have it!

Oh, yeah. This is gonna be epic.

Plan B looks great! Rock on, Carol!

And here is our new host for the Plan B Magic Trip.

Ha! Aaron, where'd you get my real picture?

Tip #1: Mark your gear now! It'll save a lot of time later. I use nail polish which works better for me than tape or etching.

Tip #2: Since Mr. Murphy is evidently already on the bus, lay out your gear and take a few pictures just in case your luggage goes missing. Leave copies of the pics at home.

Eastern Sierra eh? May do a little diversion to 3rd Pillar of Dana on the way?

David Gibbs · · Ottawa, ON · Joined Aug 2010 · Points: 2

Already down in California, climbing at Lover's Leap the last couple days, so won't be able to add QDs to my packing list. May have to borrow from others. :) Was going to be warm-up for the Valley, guess it is still warm up. :)

Did Surrealistic Pillar to Corrugation Corner link-up today. Was awesome climbing. Psyched for next week, too!

Thanks, Carol, for all the scrambling to make this work.

Kurtz wrote:Ha! Aaron, where'd you get my real picture? Tip #1: Mark your gear now! It'll save a lot of time later. I use nail polish which works better for me than tape or etching. Tip #2: Since Mr. Murphy is evidently already on the bus, lay out your gear and take a few pictures just in case your luggage goes missing. Leave copies of the pics at home.
It took me a minute to figure out what was under the chicken suit.
Aaron McDonald wrote: It took me a minute to figure out what was under the chicken suit.
Just more chicken!
Cor · · Sandbagging since 1989 · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 1,445
youtube.com/watch?v=4L1YLKY…

Lead, Follow, Or get the $%#& out of the way!

Cor, now that we're not staying in national parks, can I bring my dog?

uhhh... is thing on? Is anyone out there? Oh shit, I think I missed the bus.

I am still here, and wondering the same thing. If this completely falls through, I am still up for climbing if anyone is interested. It would be nice to know what is happening.

Derek Esposito · · Ridgway, CO · Joined May 2012 · Points: 40

Where is the campground in relation to Bishop?
How are weather conditions for alpine climbs?

Alicia Sokolowski · · Brooklyn, NY · Joined Aug 2010 · Points: 1,781

I think everyone should have received the email with the information by now, but if anyone has not, send me a pm. I will see everyone there this afternoon!

Fantastic trip, everyone. Many thanks to Carol and the host climbers. Hope to see you all again sometime.

Anyone know how we can exchange photos? Here's one...

David Gibbs · · Ottawa, ON · Joined Aug 2010 · Points: 2

It was a great week!

Many thanks to Carol for organizing, re-organizing and re-re-organizing this trip.

If anyone is in or around Ottawa, Canada way, drop me a line -- I'm always happy to take people out cragging at any of my local crags.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "Anyone else on mp heading to Yosemite for the A…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started