Mountain Project Logo

PLEASE HELP ME!

Original Post
Locker · · Yucca Valley, CA · Joined Oct 2002 · Points: 2,349

I don't want to have yet another massive brain hemorrhage (Per CJC's diagnoses).

Can ALL of you loser MoFo's PLEASE start doing "Idiot checks" BEFORE leaving the crag?

If you do this SIMPLE task, you will not be leaving your shit behind.

THANKS in advance!

Avalon'cha · · your girlfriend's bedroom · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 35
Locker wrote:I don't want to have yet another massive brain hemorrhage (Per CJC's diagnoses). Can ALL of you loser MoFo's PLEASE start doing "Idiot checks" BEFORE leaving the crag? If you do this SIMPLE task, you will not be leaving your shit behind. THANKS in advance!
Amen, some err, a lot of people consider me an OW ass crack when I say that belongings obviously forgotten (no one around for a few hours, no fresh blood nearby, not organized in a tidy cache) is pure, careless, littering. I do not accept that, and WILL gladly remove it along with the candy wrappers and other crap that I usually find in the same areas.
Ray Pinpillage · · West Egg · Joined Jul 2010 · Points: 180

I disagree, feel free to leave all the gear behind that you want. I could use more bootie gear.

NC Rock Climber · · The Oven, AKA Phoenix · Joined Dec 2009 · Points: 60

Please, Locker, don't lose your mind!

Avalon'cha · · your girlfriend's bedroom · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 35
Ray Pinpillage wrote:I disagree, feel free to leave all the gear behind that you want. I could use more bootie gear.
Shhhhh. If you say it like that they may catch on ;)

"IDIOT CHECK!" bump.

In case anyone here doesn't know what an "Idiot check" is:

Idiot Check = when done climbing, BEFORE heading back to the car or where ever, a person goes and CHECKS to make sure nothing is accidentally left behind.

This should be performed each and every time you head out.

Make it a habit and chances are you won't leave anything behind.

Tom-onator · · trollfreesociety · Joined Feb 2010 · Points: 790

As I was growing up I had the opportunity to participate in the various Boy Scout programs. We were taught to "Police-up the areas" we camped around, upon arrival and before we left.
This was an important lesson both to leave the outdoors cleaner than how we found it, and to ensure no equipment or trash was left behind.
I still practice this philosophy on a regular basis.

Finding my wallet or car keys around the house however can be quite problematic! :(

Bapgar 1 · · Out of the Loop · Joined Oct 2007 · Points: 90
Locker wrote:"IDIOT CHECK!"In case anyone here doesn't know what an "Idiot check" is: Idiot Check = when done climbing, BEFORE heading back to the car or where ever, a person CHECKS to make sure all idiots are accounted for.
At least that's the way my buddy always presented it.
Idiot check: One, Two, sweet, we're good to go.

But yes, it's amazing how often a simple glace around when packing up has saved me from forgetting something.
Jon Zucco · · Denver, CO · Joined Aug 2008 · Points: 245
Buff Johnson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2005 · Points: 1,145

crap, I left a couple dime bags in the canyon

Some funny shit above.

LOL!

CraigS. · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 10

I always call it a "head, ass, and balls" check. If I don't forget those, I shouldn't forget anything else.

Greg Berry · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2010 · Points: 0

Stoner Check?

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "PLEASE HELP ME!"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.