Mountain Project Logo

Chris Horton · · St. George, UT · Joined Jul 2010 · Points: 327

Rock and Resole! I just got my 5th or 6th pair back from them.

I pretty much hate my lace-up Katanas because they're not sensitive nor do they have any downturn in the toe. I had relaegated them to gym-only status, thinking they would make me have to work harder on my footwork.

The Katanas returned yesterday with a nice little downturn and much more precise looking shape in the toe. they are better than when I first bought them. If I had thought to ask for this I would have.

reboot · · . · Joined Jul 2006 · Points: 125

Just got my Katana lace back from Rock & Resole. As long as I live around the area, this will be the only place I'll do resole business with. What sets R&R apart, IMO, is they can return shoes back to you as close to the fit/shape of a new pair as possible. I know I've flatten & slightly stretched this pair by climbing thin cracks, but I was amazed that after the resole, the toe box almost feel exactly as a new pair would (although experience tells me they'll go back to the more stretched feel much quicker than a new pair).

Katana Lace Resole

Katana Lace resole (concaved toe box)

Wade Griffith · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2001 · Points: 535

Barry's Resoles in Auberry CA. Cant beat Barry's work!

John D · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2010 · Points: 10

I've had several good resoles from rock and resole, they aren't very friendly but they do good work and have fast turn around times. I recently met locker and will probably go with positive resole next time.

JF1 · · Idaho · Joined Jan 2011 · Points: 400

+2 for Flyin Brian.
I bought a pair of blown out Acopas and now they are my favorite all day shoes.
My TC Pros felt tight as new, I forgot about having to re-break them in, great work.

Gunks . · · Gunks, NY · Joined Apr 2007 · Points: 195
Jon Rhoderick wrote: Prodeal Resoles If you look up previous threads of Prodeal resoles, I think you'd get the wrong impression. Bennet Stricca at Prodeal has resoled 3 shoes of mine, Katanas, Testarossas, and these Anasazis. I have found that he does as good as brand new resoles at a price that beats everyone else. The pics were right after I climbed my first pitch in the shoes, so they are dusty but the workmanship and attention to detail is clear. Everytime I've had him resole shoes I've shot him an email a few weeks in and he has shipped them out within the end of the week. As climbers we are both cheap and demanding of our resoles, they don't always work out but overall resoling a pair one or two times is far cheaper than getting a brand new pair and I think you get a similar performance and lifespan out of resoled shoes. As an aside, Repeat Performance in Bend Oregon is about to begin a resoling biz, they might be looking for shoes to practice on, I'm going to check out that deal and see how it goes. #1 concern for me in resoling is the shipping price and chance of losing the shoes in shipping
I agree with Jon that ProDeal Resoles did a good job on two pairs of Miuras and one pair of Scarpa Force I sent to them. Bennet responded to my emails promptly and the resoles took about 2 weeks.
Moritz B. · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2013 · Points: 185

Another vote for Rock&Resole. They always do an AMAZING job.

rogerbenton · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2011 · Points: 210

I'm happy with my Miura vs's that locker did.
I'll definitely hit POSITIVE RESOLES again.

buckethead · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 30

Hi everyone

Reboot
How long does it take R&R to resole your katana lace.I have never done any shoes resole b4.

And I live in oversea,and will go LA and NY for a business trip .
Will stay a week on LA, another week on NY
Do I have enough time to sent out and receive my shoes in a week time on R&R

Any of you live in LA or NY
My LA office 90013, NY 10036

Can any one kindly assist
Thank you so much

Mark E Dixon · · Possunt, nec posse videntur · Joined Nov 2007 · Points: 974
buckethead wrote:Hi everyone Reboot How long does it take R&R to resole your katana lace.I have never done any shoes resole b4. And I live in oversea,and will go LA and NY for a business trip . Will stay a week on LA, another week on NY Do I have enough time to sent out and receive my shoes in a week time on R&R Any of you live in LA or NY My LA office 90013, NY 10036 Can any one kindly assist Thank you so much
Rock and Resole routinely gets my shoes back to me within a couple of days. If you can find their number (you might want to pose this question as a new topic:-) you could call them and ask if they would expedite their turn-around. Maybe ship them from LA when you arrive and receive them in NY before you leave.

Even better, have your company pay for a stop-over in Boulder and spend the day climbing while they fix your shoes.
reboot · · . · Joined Jul 2006 · Points: 125

R&R has a shop turn around time of 2 days, so it's mostly the shipping lag. 2 weeks should be fine (ship from LA and have it back in NY), but there will always be risk.

Wylie · · Bishop, CA · Joined Jul 2011 · Points: 46

I've used Rubber Room for years and never had trouble with the time it took, although I would take the shoes in to the shop directly and they give preference to walk-ins. They post their shop time generally. It's not a very big place and they get a shit ton of shoes in the busy season. Their work has suited me well.

I used Rock and Resole a couple times in the past. The last time they screwed up 2 pairs of shoes so I couldn't even use them. The owner was really rude and treated me like I was an asshole for questioning the work, which was obviously not done well. Maybe things have changed because that was years ago, but I won't ever go back there.

Rubber Room!

buckethead · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 30

Thank you all

Yeah it might be risk , Within 2 weeks time.
I got a pair of Katana Laces, Reboot resole one look nice
I think I'm gonna try R&R.

Another question , How do you guys going post your shoes ?
post with a box or sth , How much does it cost for posting your shoes.
should be USPS right? cheapest way!

Many thanks
Happy Climb

BrianWS · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 790

I've had mostly good luck with R&R. Quick turnaround time (~2 weeks avg, door-to-door), and they do a very neat, clean looking job. The last pair I sent in to them was disappointing though-- the shoe began delaminating around the instep after about 10 sessions. They'll be going back for a fix, hopefully.
I had a pair resoled by Crescent recently. So far so good, although the job was not quite as neat as R&R's. Still, they climb well and that's what matters.

Leo Paik · · Westminster, Colorado · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 22,800

Rock & Resole has been great for me. I've gotten shoes resoled by them since around when they opened up. I've probably had 12-15 resoles there. Never had a problem. If you go in person, they'll turn it around really quickly. If they weren't too busy, they've educated me on details about the process and options. Great folks there.

Josh Allred · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Mar 2011 · Points: 161

Who has the best quality for the best price to resole a pair of TC Pros?

Bill Kirby · · Keene New York · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 480
Allred wrote:Who has the best quality for the best price to resole a pair of TC Pros?
I had Plattsburgh Shoe Hospital resole my TCs last winter. Got super lucky by wearing out my shoes right before ice season! They took about ten days from the time I sent them to Plattsburgh from Baltimore and back. I called them up and they were polite and helpful. they're still together and looking good. No problems!
Morgan M · · Wenatchee · Joined Apr 2011 · Points: 0
Allred wrote:Who has the best quality for the best price to resole a pair of TC Pros?
I can't comment on the TC Pros, but here's a list of cobblers with their prices: camcamnut.com/resolers

Lately I've been getting resoles from Ramuta's via the drop-off service with the seattle vertical world gym. It can take a little longer, but no shipping cost!
mcarizona · · Flag · Joined Feb 2007 · Points: 180
Fly'n Brian in Las Vegas. They have a website too (and I think a phone number)
Steve
Ryan Nevius · · Perchtoldsdorf, AT · Joined Dec 2010 · Points: 1,837

Recently got my Miuras back from Positive Resoles. Two toe caps and a nice slab of Stealth C4. Very professional work and FAST turnaround. The fit is unchanged and, after some climbing in them, they're doing as well or better than they ever have.

The Rubber Room in Bishop also does good work, but I'd never have them resole a pair unless I could hand-deliver them.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Reviews
Post a Reply to "."

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.