Mountain Project Logo

Jason Halladay · · Los Alamos, NM · Joined Oct 2005 · Points: 15,153
Nelson Day wrote:Rock N Resole because you get your shoes back 10 days from the day you ship them and they have always given me top notch work on my La Sportiva Miuras. Rubber Room took a month and a half to get my shoes back to me. Rock & Resole
+1. I've had too-numerous-to-count resoles done by R&R over the years and have always been pleased with the job and, very importantly, the turn around time--always less than 14 days.
Cale Hoopes · · Sammamish, WA · Joined Nov 2012 · Points: 10

Very happy with my resole of my La Sportiva Mythos through Cascade Cobbler (Mazama, WA): cascadecobbler.com/ - I went with 4.2mm Onyx and it's been working great. I had to resole 6 months after buying the shoes because I went through a period of learning how to gently manage the feet (and therefore tore a hole in the rand doing too much foot drag). I haven't had a problem since and my shoes are bomber!

Enjoy!

D Stevenson · · Escalange, UT · Joined Dec 2010 · Points: 25
Jon H wrote:I've had 6 pairs done by Yosemite Bum thus far (mostly Sportiva shoes, FWIW) and they've all been excellent workmanship with ridiculous turnaround times... under a week, usually. The sole they put on my Miura was cleaner and smoother than the factory sole from LS.
Sorry to resurrect this, but I haven't found any feedback on this.

Have you had them do the rand on the top of the toe before?

With the supermoccs gone, I've been considering sending my regular Mocs off to them to get some more rubber on top. Has anyone done something similar and how did it turn out?
Nick Sandstrom · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 135

Ive had my Acopa JBs resoled 4x by rock n resole and every time I seem to like them more.

Forthright · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2011 · Points: 110

Cascade Cobbler has done some pretty good work on my Five Ten Projects and Prisms as well as Guide Tennies.

Davis Stevenson wrote: Sorry to resurrect this, but I haven't found any feedback on this. Have you had them do the rand on the top of the toe before? With the supermoccs gone, I've been considering sending my regular Mocs off to them to get some more rubber on top. Has anyone done something similar and how did it turn out?
fiveten.com/products/access…

Just make sure you get the ratios right. One of my shoes turned out perfect, the other, not as perfect...learning curve.
Steve Williams · · The state of confusion · Joined Jul 2005 · Points: 235

www.positiveresoles.com

Locker's done 4 pairs of shoes for me, and they've
all been great work, inexpensive, and quality!

Brendan Blanchard · · Boulder, CO · Joined Oct 2010 · Points: 590

I've done a pair at Rock and Resole, and a pair at New England Resoul. Both were similarly good quality work.

New England Resoul is a great option for those in NH/Northeast that don't like sending them West. They're right in Exeter, NH.

Southern Alex · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2010 · Points: 5

Crescent Resoler in VA resoled a pair of Cobras, a pair of Anasazi lace-ups and a pair of UFOS; all three pairs were perfect--like new, really. Flawless.

NorCalNomad wrote:Cascade Cobbler has done some pretty good work on my Five Ten Projects and Prisms as well as Guide Tennies. fiveten.com/products/access… Just make sure you get the ratios right. One of my shoes turned out perfect, the other, not as perfect...learning curve.
Thanks for the tip. So essentially just paste this stuff on the leather on the leather on top of my toes?
Nelson Day · · Joshua Tree, CA · Joined Nov 2010 · Points: 1,315
Davis Stevenson wrote: Sorry to resurrect this, but I haven't found any feedback on this. Have you had them do the rand on the top of the toe before? With the supermoccs gone, I've been considering sending my regular Mocs off to them to get some more rubber on top. Has anyone done something similar and how did it turn out?
Rubber Room replaced my toe cap before on my miuras (the part you had in question). They charge extra, and it worked fine for that resole job. I had to retire the shoes after one more resole though. The toe cap started coming apart, and since the toe cap costs more to get done, I just retired them. You'll have to check on their prices, but it isn't cheap. I think I spent like $60 to get the toe cap replaced (total cost for the pair) with shipping. And rubber room took 6 weeks to get my shoes back. I called them after two weeks and they said they hadn't even started on mine yet due to being super busy, but would get them through...
s.price wrote:I've always done my own resoles and have always been thrilled. Turnaround a few hours. That's hard to beat.
What rubber/where do you get rubber? The 5.10 kit is almost as much money as sending them off...
Jace Mullen · · Oceanside, Ca · Joined Jan 2011 · Points: 10

Any recommendations for TC Pro resoles? I've heard that they can be tricky.

Peter Hurtgen · · Dallas, TX · Joined Dec 2011 · Points: 110

Has anyone got thier la sportiva futuras resoled?? i need to and am wondering who to go to? rock and resole is pretty convenient...

Jon Rhoderick · · Redmond, OR · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 966
Top of rand Glued to prevent delamination. I did not pay extra for this attention to detail

Close up of superbly resoled toe

Prodeal Resoles

If you look up previous threads of Prodeal resoles, I think you'd get the wrong impression. Bennet Stricca at Prodeal has resoled 3 shoes of mine, Katanas, Testarossas, and these Anasazis. I have found that he does as good as brand new resoles at a price that beats everyone else. The pics were right after I climbed my first pitch in the shoes, so they are dusty but the workmanship and attention to detail is clear. Everytime I've had him resole shoes I've shot him an email a few weeks in and he has shipped them out within the end of the week.

As climbers we are both cheap and demanding of our resoles, they don't always work out but overall resoling a pair one or two times is far cheaper than getting a brand new pair and I think you get a similar performance and lifespan out of resoled shoes.

As an aside, Repeat Performance in Bend Oregon is about to begin a resoling biz, they might be looking for shoes to practice on, I'm going to check out that deal and see how it goes. #1 concern for me in resoling is the shipping price and chance of losing the shoes in shipping
Brian Croce · · san diego, CA · Joined Aug 2011 · Points: 60

I sent my shoes to backcountry.com and they sent me back a brand new shoe. best resole ever.

T Howes · · Bend, OR · Joined Dec 2010 · Points: 20

Just got 3 pairs back from rock and resole today. It took just over 2 weeks from when I sent them off to receiving them. They look great, and cost $40 per shoe plus shipping there. I've had shoes resoled by them before and they held up great.

Mike Lane · · AnCapistan · Joined Jan 2006 · Points: 880

After Locker resoled mine, my shoes now send 2 number grades harder than I do!

Robert Fielding · · Thousand Oaks, CA · Joined May 2011 · Points: 195

Plus one for flyin brian.

Anonymous · · Unknown Hometown · Joined unknown · Points: 0

I thought flying Brian's was closed up??

Robert Fielding · · Thousand Oaks, CA · Joined May 2011 · Points: 195

No he is up and running. He recently moved to another location. His website info is all up to date. Got 3 pairs done in less than a week.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Reviews
Post a Reply to "."

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started