Mountain Project Logo

critique this

Original Post
Lakota · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2012 · Points: 15
solo tr both lines fixed. My question is : do I need to extend gri or ushba? Both or one of them? Now they r both in direct biner to belay loop. Kinda cluster...and I need redundancy so to me its not overkill.
Chris Norfolk · · Fredericton, New Brunswick · Joined Jan 2010 · Points: 190

Sure.

It's a bit overexposed and the contrast is nil. Also slightly out of focus. I'd suggest that you use a smaller aperture, with a sufficient shutter speed to correctly expose the subject. The photographer's shadow is cast on the subject which is always a no-no.

Since you only posted an image I presume that's what you wanted critiqued? Cheers!

oh... and your rope-solo setup looks overkill

Ken Noyce · · Layton, UT · Joined Aug 2010 · Points: 2,648
Lakota wrote:
I might try to critique it if I had any idea what you were trying to accomplish with this set up.
Ima Fred Knot · · Victoria, Seychelles · Joined Jun 2011 · Points: 25

Whatever your goal is, it's overkill

Brian in SLC · · Sandy, Utah · Joined Oct 2003 · Points: 21,746

Hard to tell what you're doing.

Are both ropes fixed? Or, are they running through an anchor?

You're backing up a Gri Gri? On a different rope strand? Are you rappelling? Belaying?

If you're backing up a Gri Gri while rappelling single strand, I'd say your rig is overkill. No one backs up a partner being belayed with a Gri Gri...

You brake hand is your back up...

Nick Stayner · · Wymont Kingdom · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 2,315

Ok, I'll critique this- it's quite lame and super creepy that you keep coming back here despite being banned numerous times.

AnthonyM · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2009 · Points: 30
Nick Stayner wrote:Ok, I'll critique this- it's quite lame and super creepy that you keep coming back here despite being banned numerous times.
+1
Jason Todd · · Cody, WY · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 1,114
Superclimber · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2009 · Points: 1,310

I'm responding in case the others are wrong and you're not actually a troll. I do almost the same thing for my tr solo set up. The only difference being that I use a Cinch and an Usba rather than a Gri Gri and an Ushba. The Cinch feeds better. A small amount of weight at the bottom helps the ropes feed. Usually I just anchor them to my pack.

Superclimber · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2009 · Points: 1,310

I used to think I had powerful farts...

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "critique this"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started