Mountain Project Logo

surfing and wave sailing

Olaf Mitchell · · Paia, Maui, Hi, · Joined Mar 2007 · Points: 4,190

Well this thread has just about run it's coarse. It was a great run, but, with the arrival of the anal sports group I think that I will not sign on for another 40 pages on this site.
So lets all enjoy the few last posts coming up on this thread.
We have a similar surfing/climbing thread going on another climbing site that has been gaining momentum over the last several months with lots of quality, sincere input and I think that my efforts will be greater appreciated in that arena.

I have been in Colorado for that past while climbing with my old friends in Eldorado Canyon and The South Platte. What a great experience it has been to share the greatest sport on earth with some of the greatest people on earth.

Now I am off to the Columbia River Gorge for some late season windsurfing and mountain biking before flying back to Maui for another winter season of north shore surfing and wave sailing.
Aloha to every one that has enjoyed this thread for all these years.

Christian RodaoBack · · Tucson, AZ · Joined Jul 2005 · Points: 1,486

Hurley Pro live at Lowers..Barton Lynch on the mic.

The surfing right in my back yard has been ALL TIME!
I have been surfing Noriega's every day this for a week now except for yesterday when it got too big and started to close out.
I drove down to Kanaha and had the best 4 hour session that I have had there in years.
The paddle in crew had a stellar day at Jaws yesterday as well.
If there isn't a place for a mortal to surf here on the north shore I think I will drive down the road a few miles to Peahi and watch the show at Jaws.
Check out Shane Dorian's paddle in wave at Jaws yesterday

Shane Dorian at Jaws 10/9/12
youtube.com/watch?v=jil65lh…

This was shot by my friend Jake Miller while I was surfing several miles down the beach. I would have loved to have been there to watch this historical session but I was having a historical session my self.
All I can say Is GAME ON!
vimeo.com/51306589

trundlebum · · Las Vegas NV · Joined Aug 2007 · Points: 85

Whoa @ Jaws vid

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Out side Kanaha is so much fun, super long rides

Heyun · · Charleston S.C. · Joined Dec 2009 · Points: 455

Meanwhile on the East Coast.... a 3 foot "clean up" swell courtesy of Rafeal.... we did get a pretty decent swell from the storm.

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade!

Rafeal swell Folly Beach SC

Mmmmmm, lemons!

Heyun wrote:Meanwhile on the East Coast.... a 3 foot "clean up" swell courtesy of Rafeal.... we did get a pretty decent swell from the storm. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade!
Thanks for posting those images Heyun.
This thread is down to the last 10 posts before it closes (sigh)I have had a great time sharing the ocean with all you Mountain Projectors.
May be we should start another one and let it go 40 more pages. I'm really not tired of the thread. It has been basically troll free up to this point and I have a constant flow of material.

Cheers from Olaf
Hank Caylor · · Livin' in the Junk! · Joined Dec 2003 · Points: 643

Awesome as always Olaf!!! I believe you have only 9 more posts and this thread is full. I think 40 pages is it. Say hello to Willie Nelson for me if you see him in Paia. He'll know who you're talking about.

Christian RodaoBack · · Tucson, AZ · Joined Jul 2005 · Points: 1,486

Yeah make a part 2 for sure

hello from the Mexican Pipeline

Tube

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Other Sports
Post a Reply to "surfing and wave sailing"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.