Mountain Project Logo

Summer Climbing Partner Wanted for CT/Gunks

Original Post
rgb76 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2010 · Points: 5

Hey.

I'm a senior at Cornell now and about to graduate. I'll working on the family orchard back home in Guilford, CT for the summer and I'm looking for a partner who wants to climb in CT and/or the Gunks. I'll be working full time so I won't have ample time for trips but would love to get out at least once or twice a week and to the gym a few nights a week.

I lead trad at 5.8-5.9 in CT and the Gunks (aka 5.9-5.11 elsewhere) and have no problem rope gunning, but would also love to be able to trade leads.

Let me know if you'll be around and are interested.

Oh, I also have a rack suitable for CT/the Gunks and a rope...so yea.

(I feel like I just made a climbers dating profile)

steverett · · Boston, MA · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 105

I'm in CT, mostly climb at Ragged and Cathole. Don't know if that's too far for you. I'm just starting out with trad. I'll gladly follow you up 8's and 9's, but I'll be leading easier stuff for a little while. Send me a PM if you're interested.

claireb8 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2012 · Points: 0

So I know you posted a while ago but I'm hoping to find a partner for some regular Gunks climbing. I'm free weekends and although I don't have a car I'm happy to take the bus to New Paltz. I want to get out as much as I can and come August I'll have the whole month off work (I'm a teacher in NYC) to get some serious time on the rock. I have rope but only a sports rack. I started going to the Gunks last year been following at 5.7/5.8 and want to continue building up some experience before hopefully trying some trad leading (I've done a little leading on Sport ). Send me a message if you're still looking
Claire

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northeastern States
Post a Reply to "Summer Climbing Partner Wanted for CT/Gunks"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started