Mountain Project Logo

What's the strangest/most interesting booty you have found while out climbing?

Tradster · · Phoenix, AZ · Joined Nov 2007 · Points: 0

Near Little Granite Mountain in Scottsdale, AZ I found several used condoms and a complete heroin shooting rig: syringe, rubber tube, used spoon and tin foil and lighter.

Sure didn't get very near that stuff!!

Phillip Tearse · · Denver, CO · Joined May 2008 · Points: 80

Full rap anchor consisting of 2 nuts, a cordolette and a pair of biners sitting on top of a small ledge on mount evans about halfway up. not connected to the wall at all, just laying there.

much needed bottle of water in the talus field halfway up Royal Flush. We were in a party of 3 and both of my partners forgot their water in the car, so we just had the 1L I had on me. found the sigg aluminum which had obviously taken a large fall, but still held about half a liter, perfect timing!

Stewart M. Green · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2002 · Points: 161

The strangest booty I ever found was really booty.... While bouldering at the Garden of the Gods about 25 years ago, I came upon someone's solitary love nest tucked under a juniper tree beside some low boulders.

Apparently some horny guy hauled a brand-new, anatomically-correct, life-size, blow-up doll with stringy blonde hair and an open suction mouth out there and laid her on a blanket under the tree. He must have had quite a surprise though when he mounted his blonde bitch and all the air huffed out of her. It seems that the poor fellow had placed her on top of some prickly pear cacti!

I carried the latex girl out of there and patched her up at home. And NO, I didn't abuse her but re-inflated her and strategically placed her on the front lawn at a climbing buddy's house...his wife was not amused!

Mark Roth · · Boulder · Joined Jan 2008 · Points: 14,062

Here is a deal on "Booty" shirts...

threadless.com/product/2637…

Culver · · Colorado Springs, CO · Joined Jul 2010 · Points: 70
Jiles Perry wrote:I found a bail biner on the FIRST bolt of Potholes....
gotta love tourists
Finn The Human · · The Land of Ooo · Joined Jul 2008 · Points: 106
Greg G wrote:have also done some sport climbs where someone had pulled the rope leaving their quickdraws on top for me to booty!
I did this not too long ago. The sun was down and it was nearly dark, so we figured we'd pull the rope and snag the draws from the top as we hiked out, rather than trying to clean in the dark. Except I forgot to grab the draws on the hike out :(

I also left my rope at a gym once, and some douche stole it. I went back to the gym a couple days later when I realized what I'd done, and no one had turned it in to the lost and found. Lame.
Josh Olson · · Durango, CO · Joined Mar 2010 · Points: 255

We bootied a cat at Devil's Lake. Alerted the humane society and all that jazz, but she didn't have any tags so, my partner went home with a cat.

Robert Buswold · · Northglenn, CO · Joined Jul 2010 · Points: 80

Hmm, my most productive day was when I found 2 biners, a large BD hex, a large BD nut, and a blue flexcam on the Sharkstooth last September. Was almost able to booty a white flexcam too, but it was a little too stuck.

Chase Roskos · · Golden, CO · Joined Mar 2008 · Points: 90

I found one of those green, plastic, toy-soldiers at the base of Edward's Crack in Vedauwoo. Even better was it was the kind with the parachute attached. Probably the only BASE jumper to make the leap off Walt's Wall.

ryan albery · · Cochise and Custer · Joined Mar 2009 · Points: 290

My friend and I were heading up from the river in the Black Canyon with two cams and a set of wires, but we didn't have a cleaning tool. Half way up the second pitch, shit, found a black and green taped cleaning tool on this little ledge... what are the chances of that?!

John Maurer · · Denver, CO · Joined Jun 2008 · Points: 530

A model in a fully nude photo shoot. An invite was extended from her to watch. Penitente Canyon. 2002 or so.

Ben Beard · · Superior, AZ · Joined Jun 2009 · Points: 215

found a loaded Rohm .22 caliber revolver in Queen Creek, badly rusted. Also found a white lexus sedan in the bottom of Queen Creek. Slowly walked over to the wreck expecting to see a body, thankfully it was empty.

Greg Gavin · · SLC, UT · Joined Oct 2008 · Points: 888

Not so strange as purely badass. I found this knife in a wash while hiking around Joshua Tree a few years back. Stoke level was high for the remainder of the day after this find!

Scott O · · Anchorage · Joined Mar 2010 · Points: 70

I've been climbing for five years, and all I got was this lousy oval biner and a bail anchor made of webbing and a quick link.

Crag Dweller · · New York, NY · Joined Jul 2006 · Points: 125

About a month ago, I was walking to grab breakfast in the neighborhood before heading out to climb when I looked down and noticed a stopper just laying on the sidewalk. I hadn't even left the neighborhood and I found some bootie. I took it as a good omen.

Jason Antin · · Golden, CO · Joined May 2009 · Points: 1,375
Joe Huggins wrote:One sunny Easter morning, climbers in Eldo were surprised to find colored eggs on The Wind Tower, Whale's Tail and such. Kevin Donald was feeling festive apparently.
What year did you find em?
Carl Sherven · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2007 · Points: 210

Found an excellent hoodie, too small for me but fit my sister.

Josh Olson wrote:We bootied a cat at Devil's Lake. Alerted the humane society and all that jazz, but she didn't have any tags so, my partner went home with a cat.
Did he look kinda like this?

We came across one like that a few weeks ago, healthy looking, no tags, freaked out to no end. We tried to capture him at the end of the day, but he was way faster moving around on the talus than any of us. We decided it wasn't worth breaking a leg to try to help the cat and went home. He obviously didn't belong out there.

Killis Howard wrote:Amateurs.
That's nice. Do you have anything to add to the discussion, or did you just come here to violate rule 1?
nbrown · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2007 · Points: 7,719

How about a golf ball nestled in a moss pad about half way up a 1000' cliff and underneath an overhang (so it's unlikely to have come from the top)... I didn't find it myself but the FA party did. Lots of golfers around that area, but damn!

I've found a lot of booty while out climbing, but perhaps the least expected was the hood of a car that I found a couple hundred feet up on a ledge in Linville (also located under a large overhang). This evidence will prove to future generations the existance of the species - the "north american redneck" - that once roamed the area...

Josh Olson · · Durango, CO · Joined Mar 2010 · Points: 255
Carl Sherven wrote:Did he look kinda like this? We came across one like that a few weeks ago, healthy looking, no tags, freaked out to no end. We tried to capture him at the end of the day, but he was way faster moving around on the talus than any of us. We decided it wasn't worth breaking a leg to try to help the cat and went home.
It did. We fed it some of my jerky, and she inhaled it. So we put some jerky in the bottom of a backpack, she crawled in, and we closed it up. That cat was definitely freaked out.
peepeedance · · Western NC · Joined Oct 2007 · Points: 210

Crack spoon at the base of something in Little Cottonwood Canyon. We kept walking for fear of needles. Not cool.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "What's the strangest/most interesting booty you…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started