Mountain Project Logo

did anybody see this?

Original Post
Tayte Campbell · · Provo, UT · Joined Sep 2010 · Points: 20
I want one of these...

I just saw this on another website and thought it looked cool. has anybody done this?
Langlois · · NYC · Joined Jul 2008 · Points: 355

Ha I see that you also "waste so much time"

saxfiend · · Decatur, GA · Joined Nov 2006 · Points: 4,221

This looks dangerous, there doesn't seem to be anyone belaying her. For that matter, she's not even wearing a harness.

JL

Robert Buswold · · Northglenn, CO · Joined Jul 2010 · Points: 80

Uh oh... looks like Reddit is coming to MP.

Dirty Gri Gri, or is it GiGi? · · Vegas · Joined May 2005 · Points: 4,115

Is that little boy looking through binoculars? If so, that's kinda creepy.

Aaron Hope · · San Luis Obispo · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 346

BUT MOM!!! Why can't I have a see-through overhanging, plexiglass climbing wall, with a bikini climbing chick above my swimming pool??!!!

Tayte Campbell · · Provo, UT · Joined Sep 2010 · Points: 20

langlois you caught me.

I know they did a deep water solo competition in Spain I think it was. I had just never seen it on a a smaller scale

Aaron Hope · · San Luis Obispo · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 346

Just when it couldn't get any better:

thisiswhyimbroke.com/inflat…

Woodchuck ATC · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2007 · Points: 3,280

Ha! I laugh because everyone knows that many pools today have NO deep end for you to enjoy. You'd hit the bottom in a typical 4ft deep pool today. Otherwise I'm all for it.

aaron hope wrote:Just when it couldn't get any better: thisiswhyimbroke.com/inflat…
They're a bunch of weenies for wearing the life jackets for the ascent.
snacyhook · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 0

Nope.

urschl · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2012 · Points: 0
ssimonson09 · · Portland, OR · Joined Jun 2010 · Points: 5

I saw this, seems fairly worthless b/c of the limited route setting potential. Along the same lines CSU just last year finished renovations on their rec center and pool and put a small climbing wall over the deep end. After about a week or two it has become the least used thing I've ever seen.

muttonface wrote: Amen. First, I may never own a pool. It's a crapload of extra work, and well, I'm not all that financially secure. However, If I did own a pool, it would have to be at least ten feet deep on one end and large. Pools that you can just cool off in while you wade around are a waste of time to me. I want to be able to do silly shit from a high stance if I have a pool. What's the point if there's no potential for pain or injury?
And I hate that hotels/motels have all removed their deep end pools too. Vegas strip used to have excellent huge rectangular pools( I call them Elvis' pools), but the last have been dug up a decade ago, and redesigned as shallow wading pools. I too, want to jump, splash and invite a good water smacking or injury every now and then.
jaypg · · New England · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 10
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "did anybody see this?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started