Mountain Project Logo

Questions about Jailhouse Rock@Prison Camp on Mt Lemmon.

Original Post
NickMartel · · Tucson, Arizona · Joined Aug 2011 · Points: 1,332

I also posted this in the Jailhouse Rock section. These questions are about some walls/tower just downstream from the wall of 5.11/12's but before the "Excercise Yard".

So just a little bit down stream from Petty Theft but before the Excercise Yard" are a fun looking tower and some other walls that look like they could have some FUN climbs. I am wondering if these have been done yet, If so by whom, info, ect..., If not why not? Here are some pics of what I am talking about:

The tower:

The tower in question photographed from upstream and across the wash.

Closer up of the possable 5.6/7ish? trad route:
The 5.6/7ish potential trad route.

The downstream face of the tower also looks like it could have some potential trad or sport routes:
The down-stream (south?) face of the tower in question. Potental for trad and/or sport routes?

Shorter cliffs to the right of the tower. These may not have been climbed because the are kinda short but the look fun. like the offwidth (may not be in frame) on the left:
Shorter cliffs between the tower in question and the wall of 5.11/12's and "Petty Theft".

Close up of the offwidth:
Close up of the offwidth looks "fun" ;)

Dronocian · · Monf***ingtana · Joined May 2008 · Points: 690

The aspect in your third photo does have some routes on it, that go to the top of the tower. Its been a long time, but i think they are either sport or mixed and in the 5.10 range.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Arizona & New Mexico
Post a Reply to "Questions about Jailhouse Rock@Prison Camp on M…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started