Mountain Project Logo

NOT cool.... The Ultimate Bad Joke

Original Post
Wiled Horse · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2002 · Points: 3,669

found this guy at the end of the rope-stretching approach rap into the Ultimates/Mexican Pocket area:

disturbing..

was this someone's attempt at a bad joke?

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 276

Looks real. Did you report it to law enforcement, or did you set it up? :)

FrankPS wrote:Looks real. Did you report it to law enforcement, or did you set it up? :)
it looked disturbingly real, especially from above when i was rapping above it watching the end of the rope. my heart sank and my stomach twisted.. only to discover it was a crude scarecrow type..
Yarp wrote:Not only is that pretty cool but it's also no where NEAR being the ultimate bad joke. Sack up Darren and quit being such a little whiner.
i figured i would get that kind of response from Yarp.
Woodchuck ATC · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2007 · Points: 3,280

Yeah, the legs look stuffed with leaves or something. Reminds me of the time we found this fesh one right after a loud scream and crash when ice climbing.

Crushed by ice

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 276

This thread is getting to be fun (in a macabre way!) Good job, Woodchuck. I look forward to the next photo.

Yes, I'm looking forward to many more sketchy 'deaths' shown here. This next one was from early 80's, pre-digital cam. Can hardly see the body beneath the mass of fallen ice; just the saddened belayer in foreground.

Buried by fallen ice

Marc H · · Longmont, CO · Joined May 2007 · Points: 265

There was an incident several years ago where some idiots clipped a dummy to pillar route and then knocked the pillar over with a jack so the dummy wound up underneath it. I think it was in Washington state. The next person to approach the crag saw what looked lik human remains under the rock and immediately called for SAR. When they arrived they discovered the prank.

Not only did those fools waste SAR's time, but they ruined a route.

--Marc

Good point Marc, I agree that senseless destruction is pretty bad. Let's keep our pranks simple, harmless and obvious.

Monty · · Golden, CO · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 3,530

Wow I couldn't imagine the sinking feeling you must of felt seeing that Darren. Glad it was just a joke but Man, that's F'd.

Daryl Allan · · Sierra Vista, AZ · Joined Sep 2006 · Points: 1,040

Damn,.. and here i thought the ultimate bad joke was my buddy putting Nair in his sister's shampoo bottle.

Daryl Allan · · Sierra Vista, AZ · Joined Sep 2006 · Points: 1,040

.. or my awful exploded nards post. (that will never be buried deep enough)

Catherine Conner · · Phoenix, AZ · Joined Aug 2007 · Points: 230
Daryl Allan wrote:.. or my awful exploded nards post. (that will never be buried deep enough)
chuckle... hehe... I was so lucky to have clicked that one AFTER you put the disclaimer and link within the post.... I was so happy to be able to not see that pic...
Geir www.ToofastTopos.com · · Tucson/DMR · Joined Jun 2006 · Points: 2,751
Daryl Allan wrote:.. or my awful exploded nards post. (that will never be buried deep enough)
Don't worry about it. People get worked up over silly things. :)
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Arizona & New Mexico
Post a Reply to "NOT cool.... The Ultimate Bad Joke"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started